Which Doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, the only doser I recommend for Triton on a 100g+ system is Apex DOS. Read my post in the other doser thread for the reasons why. They are very expensive but there is nothing else comparable aside from ColeParmer units.

Non-stepper pump units simply cannot survive the massive amount of liquids that need to be moved on a mature Triton tank. Regular brushed doser motors last 200-400hrs depending on source. The tubing in the heads lasts even less.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, the only doser I recommend for Triton on a 100g+ system is Apex DOS. Read my post in the other doser thread for the reasons why. They are very expensive but there is nothing else comparable aside from ColeParmer units.

Non-stepper pump units simply cannot survive the massive amount of liquids that need to be moved on a mature Triton tank. Regular brushed doser motors last 200-400hrs depending on source. The tubing in the heads lasts even less.
Thanks, but I ended up going with the GHL Doser 2. It's sitting right here.
Since I already have the Profilux and the Doser 2 was available, the DOS made zero sense for me.
The GHL has four 24v stepper motors (dosing down to 0.1 ml) and more/better features for me.
And from owning other GHL products, I just can't deny how well made and how solid they are.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/products/ghl-doser/ghl-doser2/
For me, this was the best choice.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex DOS is well made no doubt. However, it's only got two heads, big as a bus, too expensive, and loud!

GHL for me too. Solid customer service, great features, and solid build quality.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

Back