OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my white worms dry catfood a couple days before I want a big gob of them.
What kind of catfood are you using. I used to have a cat food that my worms loved but I ran out and my worms don't like the new food. I don't remember what I used to use

salty joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's Purina but not certain. As soon as I got it, I put it in plastic cannisters and threw out the empty bag. My wife bought it at Acme and the only dry cat food they carry is Meow Mix, Frisky and Purina.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How moist should the soil be?

I’ve tried keeping them in the past but they all died within that week. I kept them in my wine cooler (60F) and overfed them fish pellets but none of them ever ate nor moved.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty moist. If you squeeze it, water will come out. But not a lake.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but not very fast.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How moist should the soil be?

I’ve tried keeping them in the past but they all died within that week. I kept them in my wine cooler (60F) and overfed them fish pellets but none of them ever ate nor moved.
I think the best food is wheat bread with yogurt and yeast. I have several cultures going with this as their food source and they devour it. I tried algae pellets and fish food with negative results.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the best food is wheat bread with yogurt and yeast. I have several cultures going with this as their food source and they devour it. I tried algae pellets and fish food with negative results.
dang. They’re gonna eat better than me!

The easiest thing would be dry cat food. I have instinct limited ingredient rabbit. I don’t want to start experimenting at this stage. I need something that is known to produce results.

In that case, I’m going to go with the tried and true. Can you tell me what type of yogurt? Greek yogurt is very high in protein and has bacteria cultures in it. Is that the yogurt you use?

For the yeast: are you referring to the ones we use to bake bread? Or is there a different type of yeast?

For the bread: do the worms directly eat the bread? I watched a video and they said bread feeds the bacteria which feeds the worms.

Thank you.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using this yeast but others will do
Wheat bread and plain greek yogurt. As far as them eating bread I coat the bread with yogurt and sprinkle on the yeast. Within a day there are literally thousands of worms covering the food eating it. Dave Ramsey has some really good videos out there. I followed his recommendations and I’m happy with my cultures

EDF86FD8-D238-4AD7-B27F-7AED2A545CEC.png 1B5C9116-D19D-4B74-9B8C-C4083F1E0133.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using this yeast but others will do
Wheat bread and plain greek yogurt. As far as them eating bread I coat the bread with yogurt and sprinkle on the yeast. Within a day there are literally thousands of worms covering the food eating it. Dave Ramsey has some really good videos out there. I followed his recommendations and I’m happy with my cultures

EDF86FD8-D238-4AD7-B27F-7AED2A545CEC.png 1B5C9116-D19D-4B74-9B8C-C4083F1E0133.jpeg
I’ve watched his videos many times. He’s very good!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back