Why can't we have Rainbow Pectinas like this one?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lateral72
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
616
Reaction score
82
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking for a picture of a BF to show someone, but saw this picture of an awesome colored Pectina.

Why haven't we seen one with this crazy of coloration yet in the hobby?

907413.jpg
 
Wow that's some great spot lighting combined with some post photo processing. I would say that coral is brown, green, and blue. Pretty common coloration in pectina ime. What's unique about that coral to me is the shape.
 
It might already be in the hobby, we just dont know:ooh:

ps. I do not have one if anyone has that thought..I wish I did tho
 
Wow that's some great spot lighting combined with some post photo processing. I would say that coral is brown, green, and blue. Pretty common coloration in pectina ime. What's unique about that coral to me is the shape.
Considering Poppe Images does not sell anything (corals or pictures) and that they are a biology reference site, I seriously doubt they put much time into tweaking the colors.
 
More of the same, but different colonies:

906937.jpg


906477.jpg
 
Those are not the best colored one at this point...Ive seen Purple,and the Space Invador!lol
 
actually one of our LFS has one that is similar to that but i wasnt impressed by it,i think he wanted something like $200 for it and it was probably 5-6" diameter.the owner pointed it out to me while looking at a sweet chalice he had and i was like"mehhhh doesnt do it for me"i thought it was *****.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new