Why dis not working?

mushrommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my ocellaris clownfish to rub on my bubble tip anemones. But they still won't willingly go in it! I've been using tweezers to grab their food and lure them to the anemones and they go in the anemone to get to the tweezers but yet the female ignores the nems. And whenever the male starts to go near the anemone the female forces him to go away. Any other method that doesn't require taking out the fish or the nems?
Thanks!

OP
OP
M

mushrommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s meant to be it will be. I have over a dozen anenome and my clown doesn’t use any of them
Lol, I have no patience
Leave them alone and they'll figure it out eventually...or not. You can't force it. My clowns took about a year to notice the nems.
I'm not that patient but I'll try to wait it out. I'll still feed with tweezers and get the clownfish to go in the anemone to get it just to see if it'll quicken the process.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I have no patience

I'm not that patient but I'll try to wait it out. I'll still feed with tweezers and get the clownfish to go in the anemone to get it just to see if it'll quicken the process.
You may not have much patience, but you don't have any other choice, lol.
Seriously though, you'll just end up frustrated...better to enjoy the clowns and nem as they are and if they find each other at some point, that will be a bonus.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not patient if something isn't necessary like clownfish hosting. Though if something's life is at risk in the tank, I will be as patient as I can.
Clowns are dumb “hence the name” mine host a acan enchinata that’s 4 inches away from a huge Colorado sunburst nem… the biggest brightest thing in my tank and they’d rather sit on a donut the size of a quarter haha!

OP
OP
M

mushrommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are dumb “hence the name” mine host a acan enchinata that’s 4 inches away from a huge Colorado sunburst nem… the biggest brightest thing in my tank and they’d rather sit on a donut the size of a quarter haha!
Lol, mine are actually going towards my candy cane coral. It has little to no tentacles and yet they go near it! I hope my male who isn't as stupid and is leaning towards the nems somehow shows the female what nems are and can do?

Guy317

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I guess there all a little different mine went straight into the nem I just put in I just put in a sebay anemone

OP
OP
M

mushrommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I guess there all a little different mine went straight into the nem I just put in I just put in a sebay anemone
If I could I would have gotten a natural host instead of a semi host. The problem is that ocellaris clownfish have pretty hard to keep or big or very aggressive hosts. Big sad. But I heard bta's can work so I'll see.

Morpheus77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had two reef tanks over the years, on my third one now, and previous two times, I had a maroon clown on both tanks, not the same clown, and had condy's in both, and both times the maroon hosted the nems without any persuasion. Clowns will host, now whether or not yours will, have no clue, but I guess I have been lucky last two times.

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroons, clarkii, tomatoes and cinnamon have always hosted almost immediately for me in bubble tips. My occelarus took some time but eventually started hosting. I have read about some never hosting. Captive bred are supposed to be more difficult from what I have read.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back