Will this Monti Overtake this Birds nest?

Utahsaltnoob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2018
Messages
101
Reaction score
114
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a monti that has been growing like crazy and it’s headed towards a birds nest that isn’t growing near as fast.

Will this cause me problems? Any way to fix it other than relocating the nest?

I apologize if I got any of the names wrong as these were what I was told when I bought them.

FD7B978A-72E9-4136-A8B9-C67E8505C953.jpeg
 
Honestly I would be curious to see what happens and leave them alone. It will be a good battle. It could turn out very good looking.
 
Would definitely be an interesting battle, one on the left looks like poccilopora damicornis, one one the right is Montipora hodgsoni or foliosa I believe. P. damicornis has the montipora beat in the sting/nematocyst category, but either of those species of montipora are very rapid growers, however my money is still on the poccilopora because it's got the tentacle reach and sting advantage.
 
here is a better picture, note the arm of my cool hitchhiker crab living in the nest.

AB1CC0BD-3A57-402C-B58D-54D79B2CA8EA.jpeg
 
Ah the battle for space... my opinion is the Monty will approach the bird's nest start to grow on it may win a little but eventually the bird will block light which will stop forward growth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new