OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, i was thinking that being so close to the sea the prices in australia would be more than reasonable.
Here too the prices are sky high presently.
Unfortunately not and that's if you can even get your stock shipped. My lfs had to wait a two week delay on an order because the order kept getting bumped off the flight because goods for big supermarkets were taking priority. Most places just aren't ordering fish either because of the risks and delays that are happening

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a flame angel at 220$ (usually 120-140). And for the corals, good luck finding something other than aquacultured ones.
Fortunately i don't need livestock for now.
Im on the east coast of the u.s... flame angels are commonly less than $50.. woah

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished the read from early 2020 (pre-pandemic if you can belive that time existed) to today.
The whole metric/imperial discussion make me smile a lot, i live under the blessed metric way of mesuring things and i enjoy taking hikes in our (metric mesured) trails north of the border.
EACH times i go to the states for a hike i end up having difficulty visualising the distance and therefore the time required for a hike: 1mile=1.6km so 3.8miles=???
Anyway, do you still have the longnose? Saw some pictures of him but no recents, i'm tempted to add one at some point now that my murderous tang is harassing the habitants of another tank.
87B9E423-C124-427F-BC37-1E656DFAD91B.jpeg

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re seeing a bit of a pinch here as well. How about some photos?
Tomorrow is cleaning day and hopefully I can find my camera charger as well to take some real photos and not phone ones!!

Just finished the read from early 2020 (pre-pandemic if you can belive that time existed) to today.
The whole metric/imperial discussion make me smile a lot, i live under the blessed metric way of mesuring things and i enjoy taking hikes in our (metric mesured) trails north of the border.
EACH times i go to the states for a hike i end up having difficulty visualising the distance and therefore the time required for a hike: 1mile=1.6km so 3.8miles=???
Anyway, do you still have the longnose? Saw some pictures of him but no recents, i'm tempted to add one at some point now that my murderous tang is harassing the habitants of another tank.
87B9E423-C124-427F-BC37-1E656DFAD91B.jpeg
Unfortunately I lost the longnose, don't know why as he was eating really well but I'll definitely be getting another one! I love them! I've been having some cruddy luck with fish since the start of the year but we keep persisting!

Nice build. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks mate :)

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be a week or two late but I did promise some pics! Haha

I spent this weekend doing some mass cleaning and tidying of my study and I'm pretty happy with how the room is coming along!
20200726_181232.jpg

20200726_180737.jpg

Gave the tank a good scrub and it's looking really nice!
20200726_172206.jpg

Still so empty, I just want corona over so I can buy more fish! The cleaners are loving it!

20200726_181358.jpg

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic scape!
Tank is looking awesome, looking forward to seeing it mature with some Aussie beauties :)
Thanks Perry! I'm really happy with how things are going!

In other news I've got a chaetodon burgessi coming this week!! I'm so unbelievably excited, not only to be adding a fish after months of no fish availability but also to have a burgessi again, I miss them so much!!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the scape!!!
I see acros!!!
Thanks Perry! And yep, there's a few little pieces in there :D

What's in the pvc elbow? C'mon, c'mon tell us!;Peeking;Pompus;Stig;Watching;Wideyed
Something very exciting!

Office is looking nice and cozy! Tank is coming along nice as well!
Thanks man, it's been a great improvement and I've done some further work on organising my mini space but it's a space I love being in! Needs some reefing/marine posters though!

I'd like to introduce the newest member of the family, I've finally been able to get another Burgessi! Happily settled and eating everything, enjoying the cleaner shrimp services too which has been great to watch :D Please excuse the super dirty glass!

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Perry! And yep, there's a few little pieces in there :D

Something very exciting!

Thanks man, it's been a great improvement and I've done some further work on organising my mini space but it's a space I love being in! Needs some reefing/marine posters though!

I'd like to introduce the newest member of the family, I've finally been able to get another Burgessi! Happily settled and eating everything, enjoying the cleaner shrimp services too which has been great to watch :D Please excuse the super dirty glass!
Gorgeous butterfly!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back