Wrasse pictures/videos

Tyler Flynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pink streak wrasse, ruby longfin fairy wrasse, and red fin fairy wrasse.
I am looking for pictures and videos of the above mentioned wrasses. Trying to decide which one to add.
thank you

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cirrhilabrus rubripinnis, the Redfin Fairy wrasse
Just to let you know, this is a very easy to keep wrasse, but outgoing and aggressive. If you have smaller tank with other timid fairy wrasse you may not want him in your tank. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I want to let you know what he is like.
I really like mine. My tank is large with a lot of wrasses. I ordered a Blue throat Fairy, which is also another aggressive fairy in the same group and got this male send to me instead. I also have a Juvenile that developed into a female in my tank. So far they get along well. I even see that they may have spawned in my tank. Will see if he is able to suppress her sex change, and what happen if he is unable to do so. Looking at the recent pictures, I am not entirely sure that she have not change sex. She is slightly fatter than him but is about the same length. So far they have not fight.
The last picture of the male, he had his fins torn due to fighting with some other wrasses in the tank. Healed quickly. He is in the upper, more dominate group of fairy wrasses in my tank.

Juvenile
RedFinFairy2020020402Female.jpg

Female
RedFinFairy2020040901F.jpg

Display male
RedFinFairy2020033001M.jpg
RedFinFairy2020033002M.jpg
RedFinFairy2020033003M.jpg
RedFinFairy2020033004M.jpg
RedFinFairy2020040101M.jpg

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a madagascar half banded Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus hemitaeniatus) today. Shes a female and had only arrived at the LFS. Took her a while but shes eating frozen Mysis now. Such a relief. I was taking her out of the fish bag with my hand and putting her in the acclimation box, but she slipped right into the tank. I was hoping the redsea 8 line flasher doesnt chase her too much. There was a lot of chasing but looks like its died down now after 6 hours.
Hope I can keep her alive and see her transition into a beautiful male.

IMG_7960.JPG

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back