WV reefers

Goonofthelagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the Harrison County area if anyone is near here. I have a lot of nice stuff. Mainly high end mushrooms, but I will say that the Camaro show has better, but I have some nice stuff too

Aheadley147

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the Harrison County area if anyone is near here. I have a lot of nice stuff. Mainly high end mushrooms, but I will say that the Camaro show has better, but I have some nice stuff too
Can you send me a list of what you have? Im only 30 miles away

JNewby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm up in the Morgantown area and have 2 nano tanks (29gal (reef)/6gal(basically empty). I'm just getting back into the hobby after about 10yrs. I was doing some trading/giving away of coral last year, but the Hurricane Sandy winter snow/ice storm but a hurtin' on my tanks; we were without power for 12 days. We actually ran an extension cord to a converter in our car and ran the filters a few hours a day, but the temperature was all over the place for those 2 weeks. Surprisingly I only lost a few inverts; one of them was an amazing piece of leather coral that had grown to over a foot long and probably 8-10" across (it was getting too big for the tank anyways). There doesn't seem to be very many marine/reef people around in WV and I don't know of many pet stores with marine/reef items around here either.
I'm brand new to saltwater. I haven't even bought my tank yet. I want to do it right, and I know it's going to take a long time to get it set up and "mature". Where do I go to get a good tank? Should I order on-line or are there place in WV that carry them? I'm not too far from Columbus either.

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree WV doesn't have good options atleast in Charleston area. Ashland has a good shop Burt's pets. That's the best around. Columbus has a bunch of great shops. I would look around glasscages site.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back