Lighting: Aruba Sun Dual 39W T5s
Filtration: AquaClear 30
Filter Media: Seachem Matrix
Heater: Cobalt Aquatics Neotherm 100w
Circulation: Jeboa PP-4
ATO: Manual Top off
GFO Reactor: Innovative Marine AquaGadget Minimax All-In-One Media Reactor
Maintenance Routine
I'm doing about a 5g water change over the span of a month and replace the GFO as needed
Feeding Schedule
On a typical day the aquarium gets feed 2-3 times per day depending on the my availability, I will drop a pinch of New Life Spectrum pellets or thaw out some frozen treats.Also sometimes I broadcast feed a couple mL of live phytoplankton,oysterfeast,rotifers and ReefRoids.
Fish
2 Green Chromis, 3Pj Cardinals,Pygmy Angel(he doesn't nip on any coral),Raniford Goby, and last but not least a tiny Scooter Blenny.
IMG_20170211_221055_690_1489712656195.jpg.5c572917fac3039eb2c557319d7a6f25.jpg

SPS Coral
There's a couple frags of green,purple,and orange plating montipora caps.
LPS Coral
I have a single Torch head and a small Kryptonite Candycanes.
Soft Coral
A ton of pulsating xenia,assorted mushrooms and a zoa collection.Last time I counted how the different varieties of zoas were in the tank I stopped at 6 unknown and 12 named polyps( Purple People Eater,Blue Hornets,Gatorades,Eagle Eyes,Scrambbled Eggs,Solar Flare,Gorilla Nips,Blue Eyed B*^%,Devils Armor,WWC Mumbo Jumbo's,LA Lakers and WWC Green Apple Something.In addition to those theres a health amount of GSP growing in the back wall and on of the rocks.
Can't remember if this are the Devil Armor or something similar

Gatorade Zoas are soon going to the backwall

Some of my all-time favs the one and only Blue Hornets

Let's not forget about the WWC Mumbo Jumbo these polyps are hot too!

Invertebrates
Lettuce nudibranch,an Arrow crab,10 red leg hermits and 6 assorted snails

History & Goals
In its past life this 20L was originally a freshwater tank,but due to an ick outbreak i decided to start from scratch and repurpose it as a Xenia Specific system, but as you've read I couldn't resist and added frags from my other tanks as well as a couple zoanthids.The idea behind this tank was to create an aquarium that was both visually aesthetic but easy to maintain.I let the Xenia do its thing and I have almost no nutrient control issues, I've actually started dosing KNO3 to get it readable levels since some Zoas have lost a bit of color.
Future Plans
Just to let all the corals grow to the point where every open surface is covered.
default_cool.png

Can't remember if this are the Devil Armor or something similar

Mohican71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I love Xenias, let me show you my first tank, now owned by my daughter. No fishes, only some hermit crabs and snails.

knowen87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this would make a great office tank. I may put one in mine. Simple, easy to care for. I bet that it is mesmerizing to watch. You should post a video.

OP
OP
CoralManz

CoralManz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome.. nice fish you have in there I had 2 phantom clowns yellow watchman goby and a royal gramma.. I wanted to get some cardnals but it would be to much
Nah you can never have too many fish or coral lol.Those guys are peaceful,as of now they're getting along.

here you go!!

FullSizeRender-1.jpg
Wowzers that's nice.What was your maintince like for this tank did you dose any supplements like iodine?

Im working on one of these too:

11030caef3e60436d6d1ce97ff615d53.jpg
[/
QUOTE] Looking good how big is this tank?

I think this would make a great office tank. I may put one in mine. Simple, easy to care for. I bet that it is mesmerizing to watch. You should post a video.

Yeah for sure just be careful you'll be quickly distracted by all the movement.When the pumps are off that's when they really come to life.I'll try to get a vid up tomorrow.

Last edited:

LostInTheDark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some in my tank and it was one of my favorites to watch but I could not keep it contained. As much as I took out it would pop up in several other spots. I finally gave up and removed it from the tank. Just too much maintenance. Guess its all or nothing.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
CoralManz

CoralManz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some in my tank and it was one of my favorites to watch but I could not keep it contained. As much as I took out it would pop up in several other spots. I finally gave up and removed it from the tank. Just too much maintenance. Guess its all or nothing.
Very true, if left unchecked even a single pinnule can become a fully blown colony.Right now I just harvest it from my other nano on a biweekly basis and let it settle down on the substrate,then later on I glue it around the tank.

Very cool! I've never seen xenia pulse that "speed." LOL! Mine open and close without stopping. It looks awesome!
When I took this video the pumps were turned off for a minute and I'm also sure the energetic music had an effect on the pulse intervals lol.Just imagine if I played Darude Sandstorm instead.:D

That angel really thinks he/she is getting fed hahaha.
You should see what a typical feeding frenzy looks like,you could easily mistake the inhabitants for piranhas.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all xenia tanks are super cool. A place called coral oasis use to have a 400g cube of all xenia, it was hypnotizing.

OP
OP
CoralManz

CoralManz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way, that is just way too cool.Do you know if it's still up? It must've been ***** awesome.:rolleyes:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back