Your Ideal tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
21,791
Reaction score
73,707
Location
Long Island NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If time and money was not a concern (but space still is) what would your Ideal tank look like and what would it have in it not counting livestock?
I myself am pretty happy with my set up and would only change a few things.
For instance my tank has had every type of lighting there is and now it has MH but I would like to install LEDs, I just need the time to build the fixture.
I would also like to raise my entire rockwork off the bottom and only have it touching in 3 or 4 places. It is close to that now but not quite.
I am thinking of building a "rock" like the one in the picture but make it like a sort of cage that would cover most of the tank with 3 or 4 pieces going into the gravel. The entire structure will rest on this so that you would be able tio see under the structure all the way to the back, which would be dark.
That is my plan, whats yours?
(this rock like many of my rocks is hollow PVC covered in cement, this is during construction and after a few years in the tank)
Rock.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new