If you could design a “new” series of tanks for the RedSea Reefer series, what would they look like

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea Lagoon Reefer -!170 gallons - 48 x 36 x 12 )inches, 1inch (at least ) returns, external ghost/coast to coast overflow, Remote Fuge and lower than average stand to create an low boy’ for those wonderful top down photo opportunities. Note to RedSea: address the issues you have been informed of regarding the quality of ‘some’ of your batches.....if not it may be water box or DD making the ‘Lagoon and the Cube’

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with most of what has been posted already. Adding a refugium space for the smaller tanks would be nice - even if they were optional baffles that you could take out if you didn’t want a refugium. The ATO is OK - I think it works for an “out of the box” setup. I wouldn’t mind if the overflow chamber took up less space in the display.

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good idea! Perhaps they could save valuable space by having the drains empty straight into the refugium?

Plecosam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll never own another RS tank, I can’t trust em.
Ok I thought at least 10 posts before a negative redsea post, but you sir were number 7, congratulations. The internet is full of negativity, but it's a free place so run wild son.

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with most of what has been posted already. Adding a refugium space for the smaller tanks would be nice - even if they were optional baffles that you could take out if you didn’t want a refugium. The ATO is OK - I think it works for an “out of the box” setup. I wouldn’t mind if the overflow chamber took up less space in the display.
Sorry, just read your comment properly! An external overflow would solve the issue with display space, however if that’s not an option perhaps a corner weir would be a more efficient and visually appealing improvement?

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I thought at least 10 posts before a negative redsea post, but you sir were number 7, congratulations. The internet is full of negativity, but it's a free place so run wild son.
My Red Sea reefer is too sleek! I spend too much time looking at it! Boo!

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Red Sea reefer is too sleek! I spend too much time looking at it! Boo!
Sorry to hear about the problems some of you reefers are having with their tanks....,They are beautiful tanks!

Plecosam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you like them, the internet is so predictable at times.

Plecosam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, I only jumped in this thread to count the posts until someone posted a complaint or negative post, I would have bet my house on it. My reply was for Monti Mike though, but you jumped in between. :)

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, I only jumped in this thread to count the posts until someone posted a complaint or negative post, I would have bet my house on it. My reply was for Monti Mike though, but you jumped in between. :)
No problem

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How bouts a corner tank. Some of us don't live in warehouse sized pads.
Speaking of... my wife isnt too happy that we have to get rid of our dining table so that my RSR900 can fit in the dining room. It's the only place in the house that the tank will fit, and at the sacrifice of the dining table. We live in a small condo.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back