125 gallon beginner build

phlibbyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the hobby after a long hiatus.

Starts today with delivery of my 125 gallon tank, stand and canopy.

Sump, return pumps and lighting to be ordered this week. Going ai hydra 52 x 3. Ecotech vectra s1 x 2. Trigger systems sump.

In the meantime going to drill out the plumbing holes throw the stand and setup the overflow plumbing.

So it begins...

upload_2018-5-12_17-39-15.jpeg

upload_2018-5-12_17-39-36.jpeg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the hobby after a long hiatus.

Starts today with delivery of my 125 gallon tank, stand and canopy.

Sump, return pumps and lighting to be ordered this week. Going ai hydra 52 x 3. Ecotech vectra s1 x 2. Trigger systems sump.

In the meantime going to drill out the plumbing holes throw the stand and setup the overflow plumbing.

So it begins...

upload_2018-5-12_17-39-15.jpeg

upload_2018-5-12_17-39-36.jpeg

Very nice! Welcome to the 125 club! I love mine!

OP
OP
P

phlibbyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am jealous it is twice as big as my tank. Good luck

There’s always bigger and better but i am happy with this set up. It will not be a quick overnight build as i want to take my time setting everything up right with the right equipment. Most of the fun is in the build. [emoji846]

OP
OP
P

phlibbyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The black back looks good! What is your plan for plumbing the drains and return?
Still researching and thinking... tank is pre drilled on the bottom for dual overflow and dual return. Going with dual return pumps, vectra s1’s. Not sure if pvc or soft black tubing. Check valves on the return lines definitely.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still researching and thinking... tank is pre drilled on the bottom for dual overflow and dual return. Going with dual return pumps, vectra s1’s. Not sure if pvc or soft black tubing. Check valves on the return lines definitely.
I am working on plumbing my dual overflow 125 as well. I ended up using the 2 holes in each overflow as drains. I’m going to run the return over the back. The original owner of this tank had it set up as a durso, but it was too noisy for me. I’m hopeful I can make this work.

OP
OP
P

phlibbyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on plumbing my dual overflow 125 as well. I ended up using the 2 holes in each overflow as drains. I’m going to run the return over the back. The original owner of this tank had it set up as a durso, but it was too noisy for me. I’m hopeful I can make this work.
Good luck. Sounds good. I want to have this tank against the wall flush so i have to make due with the bottom holes. Just have to drill matching holes in the stand. Will tackle that next weekend.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back