32 biocube light schedule

BangedUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
32 stock biocube lights, let’s see your scheduled programs what’s working for you .... my corals color is good but growing a little slow lately, maybe mine need a tweak, softies and some medium light lps only

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently at work but I believe my schedule is something close to this.

Lighting Schedule:

LC1 (Daylights):
11:00 am to 7:30 pm

LC2 (Sunrise / Sunset): 10:30 am to 7:30 pm

LC3 (Moon Lights): 10:00 am to Midnight

lkriley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some drastic differences on the LC1 in the responses. I am setting mine up for a shift change at work and wonder why? Some are only four hours? Why? Does this help eliminate the brown algae? I know I am having that issue right now. Scubafrog's schedule makes the most sense to me. But, I am curious the reasoning behind your choices.

lkriley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scubafrog,

I still have not decided the time schedule for my lights.

I would appreciate your recommendations. I leave the house now at 10:45 am, I get home at 22:00 plus or minus 15 minutes.

My current schedule is:
LC1 - 10:01 - 20:00
LC2 -09:30 - 20:00
LC3 - 09:00 - 2030

It seems (just two days into the new job) that I am getting home after all lights are out. This is causing problems with feedings, I truly would like to get this right for my tank. I keep all shades down while I am gone so they are only getting filtered light which is minimal.

I'm thinking that I should change all times by three hours forward. However, I do enjoy seeing them before I leave. If you agree, would you change it a few minutes each day or just go for it? If you don't agree, please, I welcome your input.

Thanks!!

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scubafrog,

I still have not decided the time schedule for my lights.

I would appreciate your recommendations. I leave the house now at 10:45 am, I get home at 22:00 plus or minus 15 minutes.

My current schedule is:
LC1 - 10:01 - 20:00
LC2 -09:30 - 20:00
LC3 - 09:00 - 2030

It seems (just two days into the new job) that I am getting home after all lights are out. This is causing problems with feedings, I truly would like to get this right for my tank. I keep all shades down while I am gone so they are only getting filtered light which is minimal.

I'm thinking that I should change all times by three hours forward. However, I do enjoy seeing them before I leave. If you agree, would you change it a few minutes each day or just go for it? If you don't agree, please, I welcome your input.

Thanks!!
Moving the schedule forward would probably be the best option. You just have to sacrifice the morning viewing. You could move the schedule forward but have the blues (moonlights) come on earlier. This would give you a little viewing enjoyment and shouldn't cause any algae problems. But I wouldn't increase the whites more than what you currently have. Some people leave moonlights on 24 hrs but I think the fish and corals benefit from some total darkness.

My tank is dark when I leave for work but this allows me a few hours of whites when I get home and feed the fish and then a few hours of blue light to enjoy once I'm able to sit down and relax while watching a bit of TV programing.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back