3rd Party Apex Probes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cow

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
76
Reaction score
24
Location
Cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently picked up a used Apex 2 main unit to pair with an extra energy bar I already had. Now I’m looking for some good deals on the probes.

I couldn’t find anything for the temperature probe with the 4-pin wiring, but I did see that there are some 3rd-party pH and ORP probes available. Salinity doesn’t seem worth the cost to me at the moment, and I’m not sure if there’s compatible wiring for it anyway.

Does anyone have any solid recommendations for Apex compatible probes?

I went ahead and ordered this pH probe to test out:
Amazon product ASIN B07KG2PQMN
Thanks in advance for any advice!
 
I'm sorry I don't have an answer for your, but I'll give this a bump so others will see it. If this doesn't get a reply, I would repost this question in the Aquarium Controller section or even just the general discussion forum:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/aquarium-controllers.393/
Good luck!
 
I just picked up Apera ph probe for my frag tank $30 on Amazon, and dual junction Milwaukee probe , but that one is close to 60. Both work just fine. Most ph probes on Amazon are compatible if that’s what you’re asking. The one you posted is trash though. I bought one and it was DOA out of the box, spend 13 more on apera.
 
Last edited:
Hello,

I recently picked up a used Apex 2 main unit to pair with an extra energy bar I already had. Now I’m looking for some good deals on the probes.

I couldn’t find anything for the temperature probe with the 4-pin wiring, but I did see that there are some 3rd-party pH and ORP probes available. Salinity doesn’t seem worth the cost to me at the moment, and I’m not sure if there’s compatible wiring for it anyway.

Does anyone have any solid recommendations for Apex compatible probes?

I went ahead and ordered this pH probe to test out:
Amazon product ASIN B07KG2PQMN
Thanks in advance for any advice!

If you can DIY a BNC to mini Din adapter cable, then any ORP probe (10x) suitable for seawater can be used.
無標題 by legendhua, 於 Flickr
APEX 導電度探頭 by legendhua, 於 Flickr


MA887 Refractometer: 1.026/33/34(S.G/PSU/PPT)

APEX :
APEX salt 2025_0914.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new