!!!7000+ POUNDS OF GLASS!! YOU GUYS UP FOR A BUILD OR WHAT??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting to see the development of the new BC headquarters is making want to see what your display tank might look like. ;)

Seriously thanks for sharing this with us, it's awesome!

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam it's coming along nicely looking awesome. Gotta say that's one heck of a skimmer though.

Always Reefin'

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam,

Impressive as always. First things first, top notch exterior upgrade (maybe my X chromosomes draw me there first..), as you're a builder I see the perks of greater choice and customization with details. And the porch addition, beautiful! We recently had our house face-lifted with Desert Canyon colored LP and in order to enforce my vision I had to stand outside and politely ask them to do things out of the norm such as interesting window/door trim, colored back plates for the lighting etc. Beef sticks and Gatorade went a long way too.

All in all, exciting headquarters you have there! Happy for you and sending good vibes your way for the coral transition.

Deltec time...The SC1660 I recently ordered is performing very well. For comparison sake, I've owned Reef Octopus, Vertex and ATI skimmers and the Deltec is noticeably simple, well made and very effective at producing skimmate. It's also quiet and only consumes 20 some watts, I love that and no regrets.

Take care,
Sarah

Last edited:

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow !!! That skimmer makes me feel so small let alone my Deltec SC 1351.
Even my Deltec SC 1351 pulls so much crap that i have to clean it mandatorily every 2 days with just 2 fishes in a 80 gallon tank.
I can't imagine what that beast will do :O..

Amazing !!! Interested to see the lights over the tank . Are you going with all photons or there will be some halides ? Hoping to see some halide tanks for all halide nuts out there :D ..
Also, if the skimmer is that huge , show us a glimpse of the calc Reactor..
Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam,

Impressive as always. First things first, top notch exterior upgrade (maybe my X chromosomes draw me there first..), as you're a builder I see the perks of greater choice and customization with details. And the porch addition, beautiful! We recently had our house face-lifted with Desert Canyon colored LP and in order to enforce my vision I had to stand outside and politely ask them to do things out of the norm such as interesting window/door trim, colored back plates for the lighting etc. Beef sticks and Gatorade went a long way too.

All in all, exciting headquarters you have there! Happy for you and sending good vibes your way for the coral transition.

Deltec time...The SC1660 I recently ordered is performing very well. For comparison sake, I've owned Reef Octopus, Vertex and ATI skimmers and the Deltec is noticeably simple, well made and very effective at producing skimmate. It's also quiet and only consumes 20 some watts, I love that and no regrets.

Take care,
Sarah

Hey Thanks a ton for the post! Yeah A lot of that time consuming exterior detail isn't nearly as common as it once was. Fast and easy is the new norm for sure. Really glad to hear the Deltec is doing what they do best for you!:)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Another shot of some of the progress this fall.

We spray foamed it all, and put closed cell in the rafter spaces. Then on to drywall!

IMG_4290_zpszbvzlylo.jpg

IMG_4324_zps67vwzvbd.jpg

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on Adam, this is like one those slow producing story lines in a great movie. Since we made it to the fall update let's keep this thing moving...[emoji3][emoji122]. Just kidding man, can't wait for more.

Garia666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What i dont get , is that in the US almost every house is build with Wood. Here in europe its concrete and Stone . It looks so fragile and with a fire all will be lost quickly.
Also in hurricane season it will be swept away easily

ajcanale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What i dont get , is that in the US almost every house is build with Wood. Here in europe its concrete and Stone . It looks so fragile and with a fire all will be lost quickly.

“A wise man once said although a single twig will break, the bundle of twigs is strong”

Also, pretty sure this bundle of twigs is located mid continent. =)

ksc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty easy to "get". I pay about $2.00 for an 8' 2x4. You probably pay $6-$8.00 for that same 2x4. My house was built out of wood in 1779, it's gone through many hurricanes, noreasters, snowstorms, etc. It's also had 3 fires that I can see evidence of. Old growth wood lasts....

Specfishin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In areas of the U.S. where hurricanes are common (Florida) most homes are built from concrete block, at least the "shell"
Yup almost all are concrete foundations and block walls here in Florida.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back