!!!7000+ POUNDS OF GLASS!! YOU GUYS UP FOR A BUILD OR WHAT??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This reminds me a lot of the 29 gallon build I am working on right now. Our sumps were almost the same size, but since Petco has the $1/gal sale, I went with a standard 20L. I was thinking of adding a bunch of concrete to support mine too. But then a told my golden retriever to sit and stay on the spot where it would go. After 5 minutes I knew the concrete was unnecessary. You could probably find like 400 or so golden retrievers to simulate the 30,000lbs yours is going to weigh. You may not need all that extra support. Oh, Where did you get that crane from? I asked my property manager if I'd be allowed to hoist mine through my balcony window, but then he just helped me carry it into the elevator. I also thought about housing a whale in mine, but my LFS can't get them. Is yours able to order one for you?

All jokes aside, awesome build. I wish I had place for a much larger tank. Excited to see what it looks like in the end.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nearly a week with no pictures... I need my fix man!!!

Can Do!

Tanks were delivered next and stored in the garage till the drywall was complete. Six 130" x 48" x 12" tanks and they look awesome. Built exactly to the specs I designed. Made with 3/4 " glass and about 900 lbs each!

Say what you will about Glass Cage, but I have had over 15 custom tanks made by them over the years, and have always been completely happy. Had an unfortunate quirk with the sump they made, but I really couldn't put it on them. Tanks sat here in a literal construction zone for a couple months, and as much as I tried to keep them safe the sump was damaged at some point unfortunately. Could have been worse.

IMG_6154_zpszgrsntbw.jpg

IMG_4229_zpsqdv6v8oo.jpg

Screenshot%202016-12-16%2014.21.53_zpsjgi9jhea.png

IMG_9091_zps0hk0clm8.jpg

Last edited:

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass Cages never let me down personally. I had a custom sump from them and a Sherman Tank of a 180 as well. I have been fortunate to have moved 2 180 gallon tanks made by them. NEVER AGAIN. lawdy those things are hefty.

reef80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to be your next door neighbor...but I wonder what your neighbors are wondering...all that glass in the attic...nuts man!!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok.. this build seems to be missing something very important. :confused::oops:

Where is the Battle Brush storage area?

We will be filling the garage below with the Battlebrush inventory. Over twelve million:D

anarchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can Do!

Tanks were delivered next and stored in the garage till the drywall was complete. Six 130" x 48" x 12" tanks and they look awesome. Built exactly to the specs I designed. Made with 3/4 " glass and about 900 lbs each!

Say what you will about Glass Cage, but I have had over 15 custom tanks made by them over the years, and have always been completely happy. Had an unfortunate quirk with the sump they made, but I really couldn't put it on them. Tanks sat here in a literal construction zone for a couple months, and as much as I tried to keep them safe the sump was damaged at some point unfortunately. Could have been worse.

IMG_6154_zpszgrsntbw.jpg

IMG_4229_zpsqdv6v8oo.jpg

Screenshot%202016-12-16%2014.21.53_zpsjgi9jhea.png

IMG_9091_zps0hk0clm8.jpg
So when can I come pick up the tank you ordered for me?

Great progress. Cant wait to pick up my next pack

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back