Oseans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current setup is a 75G tank with a corner overflow with a wet dry sump modified for a refugium area. Eshops skimmer, gyre pumps and Aqueon return pump. Current tank stock includes Tomini Tang, 2 damsels, 3 oscellaris clownfish, serpent starts, Harlequin Basslet, soft corals and mini carpet nems. The tank is being upgraded to a 90G Planet aquarium with screen top lid and a custom stand to accommodate a 40G breeder sump with a new return pump and gyre pumps.

unnamed (3).jpg

OP
OP
Oseans Reef

Oseans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately lumber was worth it's weight in gold during the start of the project so adjustments to the stand had to be made to make up for high lumber costs. Several 2x4s, 2X6s and plywood sheets were bought to kickstart the frame. The goal of this stand was to eliminate the center brace issue from the old stand design, larger window area for maintenance and taller overall stand height.
IMG_1396.jpg

OP
OP
Oseans Reef

Oseans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand is separated into four sections that are framed together using Liquid Nails and metal brackets nailed top pin the 2x4s and 2X6s together.
IMG_1410.jpg
IMG_1412.jpg

OP
OP
Oseans Reef

Oseans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frames were glued and nailed together with flat brackets then brought inside to be clamped for curing of glue. Weather was quite chilly so we wanted to assure glue would cure correctly.
IMG_1413.jpg

OP
OP
Oseans Reef

Oseans Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bottom section was reinforced to prevent sagging from weight of sump and to help keep the stand from splaying. Corner brackets were also added to keep supports together.
IMG_1416.jpg

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Unfortunately wood was worth it's weight in gold" proceeds to use 400lbs of it lol looking very very solid, and should have some awesome access room for sump maintenance!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Unfortunately wood was worth it's weight in gold" proceeds to use 400lbs of it lol looking very very solid, and should have some awesome access room for sump maintenance!

my thoughts too. that stand is very American made. over built and ready for anything. lol

oh BTW the title made me click. :D

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back