A horrible tragedy and learning experience...

OP
OP
RC79ATC

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting story thank you for sharing. I've never heard of a Mosquito Helicopter before. How come it wasnt on your radar if you have outdoor ponds and mosquito control helicopters? I'd be paranoid if I had ponds and mosquito copters. I didn't even know mosquito copters existed!

To the mosquito copter!

Normally it is and my gear is kept secured. My ponds are actually on my lanai and covered. My vulnerability is the water filter system which is usually kept covered...but alas that one day when it wasnt taught me the lesson that husbandry doesn't just mean water changes...it means good habits all around.

OP
OP
RC79ATC

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need some Stinger missiles.

That aside, I’m sorry for your loss. Beautiful fish though I heard not the easiest to keep. :( Hope you can rebuild and come back stronger.

Spotted Drum have a bad reputation about fragility that they mostly do no deserve. The tiny ribbon like juveniles can be tough to keep but specimens 2 inches plus are generally pretty hardy and once they are above 5 inches they are fairly resilient. They are beautiful and a lifetime favorite. I hope the remaining one doesn't show any residual damage from the ammonia exposure and has a long long life. *fingers crossed*

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back