OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be placement then maybe try putting on sand bed or bottom of the tank in a corner or somewhat of a shadow area. This is where mine is at compared to lighting and other corals basically by itself on the barebottom half of my split frag tank.
20221207_215214.jpg
Ohhh. I was talking about my hammer coral LOL my bad. My acan I figured out. I have it in the back of the tank. It’s very happy now!! It’s my hammer coral I’m struggling with

Millsaps2378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think using the oyster feast every night and the phyto feast every morning is too much? I do also every other day feed frozen baby brine (I target feed all the corals) and then I feed corals their regular feed once, sometimes twice a week (goniopowder). And once in a while ill do mysis and pellets to drop in for the hermits and stuff. Right now my tank is fallow because I have velvet. I have about 3 weeks left. I have my fish in methylene blue right now for 30 minutes and then they go back in their bucket. I make a fresh bucket every two days. There is only 3 fish in there at the moment; flame angel, citrus clown goby and a pink skunk baby (who has grown a lot the past two weeks!).
I would say as long as it's not causing your water parameters to change or causing algae outbreaks then you should be fine.

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other corals do you have by it? And how close are they?
Here’s the goniopora. I really can’t believe it. No one wonder someone once told me to NEVER THROW A CORAL OUT. I will never ever thrown one out again. This literally was just stone and now here it is. Look at the heads bulging out

Attachments

• 8E6068BD-ABDA-43ED-96CE-6FA87E4FD138.jpeg
    8E6068BD-ABDA-43ED-96CE-6FA87E4FD138.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 31

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the hammer once you move leave it for a minimum of a few days to settle and acclimate. They can be finicky til you find that sweet spot.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. That hammer is gorgeous. @fishgirljockey what lights do you have?
That is a good looking tank. Lots of great colors. I use the coralife ones. It was the first lights I got when I setup my tank. I’ve had them for about 6 months now. I was going to upgrade them this weekend. I am going to get the REEFI UNO 2.0 PRO. The coralife isn’t bad, but I’m trying to get the best color and this doesn’t do the trick. If it had a more powerful PAR, I’d keep it cause I do like them. For everything else it’s great. And the modes are great. Nice light. I’m so so so close to coralline algea too. I’m in the light green stage, which is super annoying lol but I’m starting to see some pink spots in differnt areas! My frag that has the Jack-o-latern has huge spots of the coralline that never use to be there! That made my day lol noticed it the other day. So I know my lights can’t be horrible. I just need better ones

Millsaps2378

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. That hammer is gorgeous. @fishgirljockey what lights do you have?
That is a good looking tank. Lots of great colors. I use the coralife ones. It was the first lights I got when I setup my tank. I’ve had them for about 6 months now. I was going to upgrade them this weekend. I am going to get the REEFI UNO 2.0 PRO. The coralife isn’t bad, but I’m trying to get the best color and this doesn’t do the trick. If it had a more powerful PAR, I’d keep it cause I do like them. For everything else it’s great. And the modes are great. Nice light. I’m so so so close to coralline algea too. I’m in the light green stage, which is super annoying lol but I’m starting to see some pink spots in differnt areas! My frag that has the Jack-o-latern has huge spots of the coralline that never use to be there! That made my day lol noticed it the other day. So I know my lights can’t be horrible. I just need better ones
Thank you! Tank is all LPS and softies right now but wanting to add some SPS soon, I need another powerhead! Also, I've been running 2 Reefbreaders NANO LEDs on my 40 breeder, and they have been great! Thats what is in that pic but i use krakenreef viewing glasses as a lens.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha whoops thought you were talking acan as well. Euphillia is weird and sometimes just takes some time to get used to where it's at.
I've seen them shipped around and barely moving both do fine. Might just barely sway left to right

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha whoops thought you were talking acan as well. Euphillia is weird and sometimes just takes some time to get used to where it's at.
I've seen them shipped around and barely moving both do fine. Might just barely sway left to right
Yeah my hammer isn't doing well. No idea what to do. My parameters are perfect. All the corals are doing so dang well. For some reason, the hammer just isn't fluffing up, slightly receded. I even had a goniopora that I thought was dead. It was just rubble and its unreal that its growing back. No wonder someone told me to never throw away coral. He was so right. It just looked like a rock but I noticed when I put the blue light on, it had areas that had neon green which meant that something was still alive. it was very subtle too, the neon green. It was outlined circles in each hole of the rubble, so I just left it and never touched it or moved it. Now, it is poking out of the indents of the rubble! Its really insane lol Really remarkable (im sorry if I told you this story already. I forgot if I did LOL). Anyway, that just means I know my water is more than perfect. I tried a spot with less flow and not near anything; he didn't do well. I moved him to another place with a lot of flow (I read on some post that some hammers like a lot of flow and some don't). I tried that for 2-3 weeks and still nothing. When I move him, I leave him for a good 2-3 weeks, sometimes more if it seems like he might actually be doing better. Now I literally just put him on a corner rack I have until I figure out what his deal is. I was considering putting him in the hospital tank. Maybe some different water and lightening will make a difference? Im not sure. Im really out of ideas for the hammer. Im wondering if its my light. I know the coralife isn't the greatest, but its also really not bad. All my corals have done super well with it. Maybe he needs more PAR? If you have any ideas, please let me know!!!

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I moved the hammer higher up. I thought maybe he wasn't getting enough PAR since the light I have doesn't have a high PAR. So I placed him high up, not mid but high up. He's maybe 10 inches from the light, maybe less. and I put him on top of a rock that has a ton of flow. He's puffed up now!! Someone said to try to give him more light and a ton of flow, that there are some that light a lot of flow. So I tried that and he seems much more happier. Hopefully his tentacles come out more. Its not great but I see a difference already. Praying!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back