AI Prime Acclimation

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded my stock Biocube led's for a single AI Prime. TBH I'm not 100% convinced just yet but would like some input on setup and acclimation aswell as youre own expereince with the Prime. As stated before I was using the stock LED kit with an added Marineland blue accent led. I made the switch on Friday and my corals especially gsp in particular are hiding. Im sure this is to be expected as I understand any change can cause this but my old setup wasn't running much longer then a month to begin. I guess my main concern is I don't want to damage the coral with too much light and am afraid I might have set the lights a little to high despite them not looking as bright as the stock kit. Im curently at 20% UV 30% Violet 60% Royal Blue 50% Blue 5% green and red and 25% White

NewReeferKev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched out my biocube light, but went to a radion g5. I started with highest spectrums around 30-32%. In a month, I am just now approaching 37%. I do use a template, and can just adjust the schedule intensity to change inputs, but keep same spectrum. Always error on the low side. If the coral aren’t getting enough light, I have noticed mine opening more to increase surface area.

I am very new to the hobby, and I would wait for some more experienced reefers to chime in. Those are just the things I have noticed during my light change.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back