AI Prime dying?

iBleedSaltwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody had issues with their AI Prime HD 16 almost going out? I came home today to find one of mine at something like probably 10-20% power. Only the blue LEDs around the outer edge were on and the red AI logo on top were red. The app has some red symbol next to the device listing. I unplugged/re-plugged it back in and it immediately went back to working normally. It's been on for more than several hours now. My question is, does this mean I need to think about getting new lights? I think they're a few years old, but I'm not sure because I bought them secondhand. I don't think they were ever used at more than 50% power. On a side note, we did have some very short (few second) outages (thankfully we're on a hospital grid) during a storm recently, so I wonder if maybe it was related to the malfunction.

Last edited:

Stoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Could be overheating. When's the last time you cleaned the fan intake? I have to clean mine maybe 2-3 times a year.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
iBleedSaltwater

iBleedSaltwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other AI's fan (the working one) actually looked quite a bit dirtier for some odd reason. I should probably clean them both anyway. Do you know a good way to do that without blowing the dust back into the unit? Maybe a vacuum cleaner hand tool?

Upvote 0

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other AI's fan (the working one) actually looked quite a bit dirtier for some odd reason. I should probably clean them both anyway. Do you know a good way to do that without blowing the dust back into the unit? Maybe a vacuum cleaner hand tool?
The grill comes off, then you can blow it through from the other side. I wash mine under the tap also, carefully. There’s a small nick in the grill housing, just stick something sharp in, and it lifts out.

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back