Rating - 100%
1   0   0
4E6DD074-8351-4EA6-8EB3-0DCD02D81AAF.jpeg

MBruun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used the frozen food dispenser from SmarterReefs for six months now, having Anthias, wrasses, chalk bars and pyramid fish etc.
Super equiptment for feeding different kind of food during the day. It actually changed the behavior of the fish to being more active and alert on getting food that drop down randomly as it thaws.
I feed different kind of frozen food and pellets

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a quintuplet of Huchtii anthias on the 3rd of this month, I ordered some about a year ago, but they sent me Ignituses instead and reimbursed me for the price difference. The ignituses were what turned me on the anthias, they were some of the only fish that have made eye contact with me! Sadly, they were also weak swimmers and ended up getting roasted by a nem after a week. The huchtii seem to be much heartier and thicker-bodied, and the nem is out of the tank now, so I'm crossing my fingers that these ones will work out!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a quintuplet of Huchtii anthias on the 3rd of this month, I ordered some about a year ago, but they sent me Ignituses instead and reimbursed me for the price difference. The ignituses were what turned me on the anthias, they were some of the only fish that have made eye contact with me! Sadly, they were also weak swimmers and ended up getting roasted by a nem after a week. The huchtii seem to be much heartier and thicker-bodied, and the nem is out of the tank now, so I'm crossing my fingers that these ones will work out!
Those will be nice. Looking forward to pictures.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite Anthias aren’t from the genus Pseudanthias (except the larger and slightly more solitary ones), but Odontanthias and Sacura I’m bigger fans of than the average Pseudanthias. In Pseudanthias my faves are Fasciatus (One Striped) and the Square Spots. I also like the Sunburst.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the fish in today! 1 sadly came in DOA, but I got a refund right away for both the fish & shipping, so I will order another one today. All of the fish were way bigger than I expected, and it looks like at least one of them is transitioning to male! Two of the four have eaten calanus, and three have shown interest in flake, so I'm excited to get these guys in the main display. IMG_0014 (2).JPG
IMG_0017 (2).JPG
IMG_0018 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the fish in today! 1 sadly came in DOA, but I got a refund right away for both the fish & shipping, so I will order another one today. All of the fish were way bigger than I expected, and it looks like at least one of them is transitioning to male! Two of the four have eaten calanus, and three have shown interest in flake, so I'm excited to get these guys in the main display. IMG_0014 (2).JPG
IMG_0017 (2).JPG
IMG_0018 (2).JPG
Are you going to quarantine these fish?

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to quarantine these fish?
I'm going to do a round of SafetyStop (a dip series that Marc Levenson uses in his 400g, with no parasites introduced as of yet) tomorrow, but the water in the bags was cold so I didn't want to add to their stress too much. I'm kind of in an in-between state right now and I don't have the space to set up a full QT, so observation and dips are the best I can do right now. They've served me well so far!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to do a round of SafetyStop (a dip series that Marc Levenson uses in his 400g, with no parasites introduced as of yet) tomorrow, but the water in the bags was cold so I didn't want to add to their stress too much. I'm kind of in an in-between state right now and I don't have the space to set up a full QT, so observation and dips are the best I can do right now. They've served me well so far!
Sounds good. Definitely don't want to add stress. Mine came pretty cold as well.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of my pictilis died. They never ate or showed interest. The third one is eating some eggs and calanus. Hopefully gets more aggressive about eating. Reef Pro is sending replacements. A stand up company.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back