Any one running a closed loop system

Yellowtang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that would would work but would reduce flow over the intire bar. But you could put reducers in part way down the bar or change the size of some of the holes. If you could figure out where you wanted lower flow befor you hid it behind the rock

OP
OP
R

Ramses66

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that would would work but would reduce flow over the intire bar. But you could put reducers in part way down the bar or change the size of some of the holes. If you could figure out where you wanted lower flow befor you hid it behind the rock

Is there a Closed Loop for Saltwater, for Dummies:bigsmile:. I hate to invest and not knowing what I'm doing.

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like say, ya i spent some money on plumbing , pump and 4 way but to me it's going to be well worth not seeing any pumps in the tank. should have a nice clear view from one side to the other. the plumbing cost gets in for ever 2" union ball at around 30 each and what 10 for each 1" union ball. i have had to piece it together part, by part. ya, at this point the tank could have been up and running a long time ago but feel i can take my time, then enjoy it for a long time to come.

OP
OP
R

Ramses66

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like say, ya i spent some money on plumbing , pump and 4 way but to me it's going to be well worth not seeing any pumps in the tank. should have a nice clear view from one side to the other. the plumbing cost gets in for ever 2" union ball at around 30 each and what 10 for each 1" union ball. i have had to piece it together part, by part. ya, at this point the tank could have been up and running a long time ago but feel i can take my time, then enjoy it for a long time to come.

Hey Seed, I like that low profile overflow box. I was looking at your tank build thread, what does SS channel mean? What are these ports being used for?

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ss are the port comging from the 4way, thought i was going to get the Super Squirt but ended up getting the full 4way , diffence in how much water they can pass though the units. the over flow box came from glass-holes works real nice! i cut 7 holes, 2 for the overflow ,4 for the CL returns and on for the CL feed. only 2 of the 4 returns run at any one time.

OP
OP
R

Ramses66

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ss are the port comging from the 4way, thought i was going to get the Super Squirt but ended up getting the full 4way , diffence in how much water they can pass though the units. the over flow box came from glass-holes works real nice! i cut 7 holes, 2 for the overflow ,4 for the CL returns and on for the CL feed. only 2 of the 4 returns run at any one time.

Thanks, I may have enough room for piping on the side of the tank like yours. Really nice tank build!

Back