Aptasia Control without predators

  • Thread starter Thread starter hawkinsrgk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I had One Peppermint Shrimp take care of my 180 for me.

Then someone ate the Peppermint Shrimp.

The Aptasia have not returned so I'm in good shape
 
I had an outbreak of aiptasia in the past.
Threw in 4 peppermint shrimps, 1 month later, everything was gone.

Just takes time and patience I suppose, but I really don't see any more aiptasia.
Believe me, I did have aiptasia the size of half a fist...

The peps do tend to eat the smaller ones first, large ones later.
Though I've never actually seen them eat it, but each day I revisit the tank I notice clarity.
 
i once had a battle with aiptasia if you get a couple more peppermint shrimp and u stop feeding the tank for a couple of days they will eat them like hot cakes also if you get a syringe and cover it with an insulator.... boil some ro water and directly inject them they wither away in a day
 
On Saturday I got a filefish. So far he has not touched the Rods food. Hopefully he will start eating this soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new