Are you happy with your saltwater reef aquarium right now?

Are you happy with your saltwater reef aquarium right now?

• YES (tell us why)

Votes: 139 44.3%
  • NO (tell us why)

Votes: 80 25.5%
  • Somewhat (tell us why)

Votes: 95 30.3%

• Total voters

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a frustrating box of difugalty. I have many years of keeping reef tanks and I know to be patient. But this one makes me wish I had left my old tank alone instead of “upgrading”. However, I do feel it is about to turn a corner to the good! In the mean time thanks to all of you who have such beautiful tanks for me to reef vicariously through!

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very happy with my tank. It has its challenges, there are certain things I still cant solve with it (red slime in certain parts, nothing seems to work), but overall very happy!

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m very happy with my one year old tank so far. Started with a 20 gallon tank 6 years ago and overstocked it and didn’t do any research. It just had a HOB filter and about 12 different fish including a blue tang. Had the tank for about 2 years and most fish and corals died except for two clowns , blue damsel, three striped damsel and the blue tang. Had a house fire due to a water heater install gone wrong.
Last year decided to start again and did a lot of research and going into forums. That’s how I came across R2R and learned a lot from reading the forums.
Now I know better and the tank is so far okay and not overstocked!
I appreciate this forum and all the help I have gotten in the past year! Still learning.
Thanks again!

webmanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super happy with mine. I started the Triton method since I started my tank in December 2017 and I have done 2 water changes since. Everything in the tank is happy. I even have some easy SPS corals and a couple of Clams.

My only task is to remove the filter pad, put in a new one, clean the glass and turn on the RODI to refill the ATO reservoir.

81c182b7ba0e16437de51a3c597ebd74.jpg
2692caa8d826f3a5bce9fe2d94ebfd77.jpg
e3542491fd43b86f4cdc48e7c5888833.jpg

b118cbe5ca0e6e296b98ed687e1225df.jpg

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 180 reef needs a bit more cheap coral and a few fish.

@HotRocks needs to go ahead and finish my wall tank. It’s like he has a career, family, and a life or something... ridiculous! :D

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted somewhat.

I need more coral, I really want to setup a wrasse and or SPS tank.

My 750 has made progress over the last year. I have a couple fish I still want to add. I'm always too busy QTing @4FordFamily's fish and building his tanks LOL!

Jlahr16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely happy with my main tank right now, just noticed today that coraline algae is starting to take hold, all of the coral seem happy and thriving and very little signs of nuisance algae after fighting Dinos/GHA/Cyano. Don't want to jinx myself but on the other hand my new frag tank is a brand new battle with cyano (ill take that over dinos any day).

reefisland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers, I can finally say, im feeling happy about my tank (72 bow).. it had crashed back in June, I struggled with a Dino out break and all of the above. I lost some fish and coral..but finally stabilized it without having to reset.. My patience and stress level are back to normal. Now I can sit back and enjoy the view once again..

Happy reefing.[emoji225][emoji245][emoji224][emoji886]
95cae30537f4ed9d465fd9a9954f1146.jpg

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 wee
HEN8589_credit_Enric_Sala_National_Geographic-940x400.jpg

It could partly be the peppermint mocha latte talking but I sure am excited and happy with my tank right now.

For me everything seems to be thriving but most importantly my sps frags are growing and really coloring up nicely! Some of those colors actually look like saturated photos! HA! A few other things that make me really happy.

1. Corals growing and thriving.
2. No coral loss.
3. Algae is virtually non existent.
4. Coralline algae is dominating.
5. Fish are fat and healthy.
6. Glass needs cleaned about every 5 days.

I'm seriously in a sweet spot like I've never experienced in this hobby before. Not sure what the perfect combination of equipment and maintenance is but I'm not touching a thing right now! One thing I have been consistent with is about a 15% water change every 1-2 weeks, changing carbon every 3-4 weeks and cleaning my skimmer when I perform a water change.

What about you? Are you happy at this moment and why? Are you not happy and why?
1 year to fine tune my DT. No corals till tomorrow, hopefully . Been waiting 3 weeks, straight from the ocean. No LFS,straight from transhipper. Tank seams 110% efficient. Won't know till corals added.
18 dendronephthya, we'll see. ;Nailbiting

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back