Armani's Clean Algae (88 gallons)

ArmanitooChar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm new to the forum. I'm beginning my second reef aquarium.

I started a couple of years ago with a 66 gallons (Red sea Max). I had to stop it due to some reasons, but today i'm back again.

I build my tank completely by myself.
Indeed, i did not want to buy a complete system from a famous brand because their aren't perfect for me. So, i decided to buy all what i needed separately.

I'm still in the early stages of setup. I went with Pukani Dry Rock because of its light weight and large surface area. I also think its some of the best looking rock you can buy. After receiving the rock, I decided to give the rock a 24 hour bleach, followed by a 3 hour acid bath and plenty of rinsing to get rid of the dead stuff.

Specification

Aquarium Dimensions:
40”L x 24”W x 22”H @ 88 Gallons
Materials: 4 Sides Optiwhite glasses with translucide silicone, Vertex's PVC
Overflow: 700/gph Overflow Box (From glass-holes), I'm really happy with. Beautiful, small and usefull.
Return: Tunze Recirculation Pump Silence. (Model: 1073.040)
Skimmer: Vertex Omega 150
Sump: UP22 Sumpro Sump - SKIMZ

Enough speaking, let show my first pictures from my iphone 6. In the future i will normally use a reflex's Camera. (I hope so)

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

IMG_9070.JPG

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Last edited:

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. :)

Fantastic start.

OP
OP
ArmanitooChar

ArmanitooChar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BIG updates.

I seeds my Pukani's dry rock with many different products of bacteria (Biodigest&Bioptim, ZEObak, Biodégradeur (french product), Daphbio(frenchproduct).
DSC_4452.JPG

That's what i dit, I take 6 gallons of salt water (1.025), i insert 8 capsules of both (biodigest&Bioptim), the complete flask of Biobak, the half of Biodégradeur and finally the half of each bottle of bacterias and microfaunas from Daphbio. Then, I insert each of my dry rock inside this bacteria's mixtures during 15 minutes. After that my rocks where completely full of bacterias from many sources and I decided to insert all my Pukani's rock inside my tank with 4 bags of CaribSea Arag Alive - FIji Pink's sand.
FullSizeRender 5.jpg

During tree days my tank was blurred and i was a bit worried about, but finally all the bacteria bloom faded away and the water is today very clear.
elos-3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArmanitooChar

ArmanitooChar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks ago, I chose to buy tree radions XR30 G3 150W with a reef link. I was so impatient to receive them by post.
Finally they arrived yesterday at 16h00.

DSC_4426.JPG

I'm very happy about the design of my Radion's lamps! But of course it's still to early to say if my tank will enjoy them and especially my corals..

I decided to build by myself the rail system for my 3 Radions. I was a bit septic about the final rendering that i should expect, but at the end of the day it was perfect, and i'm very happy with.

DSC_4430.JPG

DSC_4427.JPG

Final view of my tank and my computer trying to find the best schedule for my radions. (I still need to do something with the 3 cables of the radions, but i don't find the time yet)
DSC_4444.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArmanitooChar

ArmanitooChar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress :)

I arrange my sump area. I put some acoustic foam all around my sump, to reduce maximum of noise. The result is unbelievable. I don't hear almost anything anymore. That's amazing.
DSC_4528.JPG

DSC_4549.JPG

A view of a part of my sump with my Vortex Omega 150 (I love him already, even if during the first week it was so hard to adjust it. he was always over flowing).
DSC_4536.JPG

I arrange my electric cable of all my Tank. It's now well organise like i love it.

DSC_4508.JPG

My tank is now 1 week old. (still waiting for algae but no signe from it) Cheers

Jed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome set-up...patience much needed in this hobby and the results are awesome! will continue to follow. Thanks for sharing!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back