Bashsea Twisted Skimmer Recirculating CO2

robmiller2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if anyone has set up a Bashsea or similar skimmer for recirculating CO2. It seems that I will have to drill a hole in the collection cup to allow for the line to fit. Looking for some tips or any help really.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a tiny bit of information in this thread.

Du$t1n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if anyone has set up a Bashsea or similar skimmer for recirculating CO2. It seems that I will have to drill a hole in the collection cup to allow for the line to fit. Looking for some tips or any help really.
I need help with this too. I saw the old thread but it doesn't look like it's recirculating.

OP
OP
robmiller2

robmiller2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to the way the skimmer is made you either have to drill a hole in the skimmer lid or order a lid with one drilled in it already. I sent a message to Bashsea and they said to drill the lid and not the clear portions because they are easier to crack.

Russell G

Meh...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Bashsea skimmate container and I’m trying to pull from the air vent so there’s no holes that need to be drilled. I have yet to see how well it’s working though. One thing I did see is if you power down the skimmer, you have to pull the hose out of the collector to allow the air pressures to equalize. This was a basic BRS housing with the color changing media. I just threw it together to see if I could see any improvement before making it look pretty. Hopefully it works…

IMG_0507.jpeg

Russell G

Meh...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As it turns out - that method isn’t working very well. Some air is lost in the discharge water. That causes a bit of a vacuum to form and the water level starts to rise over time. There needs to be a bit of an air vent to allow some air in and compensate for the lost air. I may drill a small hole in the cap of the skimmate chamber to balance the pressures. That would be a lot better than trying to drill the lid of the inner itself.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back