0   0   0
a99b85d20cdf624723b3dcf45205392b.jpg

b2faeb2ee582ef1eaf11f517373ccd80.jpg

Bnagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome setup! Did you end up using the Kalk reactor or just went straight for calcium reactor?

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome setup! Did you end up using the Kalk reactor or just went straight for calcium reactor?

No I just went straight to the reactor. I am new to these so decided it best not to add too many components until I'm more comfortable. The reactor is running, but at a slow bubble count like 1 bubble every 4 seconds. The effluent is full stream. I waited for the alkalinity to stabilize. Now I'm working on adding more pooper to get my nutrients up. Then I'll be adding SPS. I'm just taking my time.

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added to QTs-

7x Tiny Lyretail Anthias
2x Carberryi Anthias
2x Red Fire Fish
1x Pintail Fairy Wrasse
1x Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
1x Royal Gramma

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added the Seachem Matrix and the air stones to the quarantine tanks. Copper Power is at about 1ppm plus or minus. Salinity is at 1.019. Temp acclimated the fish and dropped them in. I plan to raise the copper level to 1.75 over the next few days.

Quarantine Tank 1- 9 Anthias
Quarantine Tank 2- Pintail Fairy and Firefish
Quarantine Tank 3- Exquisite Fairy, Firefish, and Royal Gramma.

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved the c02 tank to a safer location. I just need to strap it to the leg of the stand. Dials on the reg are facing away from the kid just in case.

I also programmed my lights with the ATI Light Room. It was pretty easy to do once I got around to it.

c454ec3868e0d766136df8ca359f4c28.jpg

3b888c0e784b2327c5851021be2d8bb0.jpg

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your setup! Top notch plumbing, aquascaping, tank selection, and the sump is ;Drool

Quick question on how the refugium works (as someone who wants to do something similar).
f092d42e899aae58f97e9b5630778fc7.jpg

If I'm understanding this picture correctly, your return pump goes to the display with two branches coming off of it. One looks like a manifold that's not used yet and the other is the ball valve going to the refugium. You then adjust to get the flow right (I'm guessing you want some movement in the fuge but not a jet stream) and then the refugium section overflows back to the return area through the teeth. Is that right? It's a great idea because pods won't get chewed up by the skimmer and can naturally fall into the return area to get pumped back up to the display.

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your setup! Top notch plumbing, aquascaping, tank selection, and the sump is ;Drool

Quick question on how the refugium works (as someone who wants to do something similar).
f092d42e899aae58f97e9b5630778fc7.jpg

If I'm understanding this picture correctly, your return pump goes to the display with two branches coming off of it. One looks like a manifold that's not used yet and the other is the ball valve going to the refugium. You then adjust to get the flow right (I'm guessing you want some movement in the fuge but not a jet stream) and then the refugium section overflows back to the return area through the teeth. Is that right? It's a great idea because pods won't get chewed up by the skimmer and can naturally fall into the return area to get pumped back up to the display.

Yes that is correct. Looking back, I would have preferred baffles and not teeth as the water falling to the return section can get a little noisy if that valve is opened past a certain point. I could raise the entire water level which would help combat that, but in the end the fuge doesn't need much flow.

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

Seriously!!!

Honestly not much. I lost the first round of SPS. They lasted a month or so... parameters fairly stable... just not sure if the tank needed more time as I started with totally dry rock.

I'm thinking I may have an issue with my source water, so I'm going to purchase new filters this week and see if I notice a change. LPS don't seem happy in my system. I'll I've got are some collector mushrooms and some nice rock anemones which are pretty bulletproof.

I have been enjoying life and some other hobbies while my tank is just doing its thing and it took a back seat. Coraline over everything now and fish are fat and happy. I've got a algae bloom some kind on my sand bed, really ugly brown. Not dinos but ugly nonetheless.

So its filters, some water changes, and add some more CUC and see where I'm at.

I've got the maxcap 90gpd 6 stage.

Would these filters do the job to remove the potential chloramines coming through? I replaced the membrane last year, and have refillable DI (non color changing) for the last two DI cartidges.

SpectraPure® Zeta-Zorb 0.2 Micron Absolute Rate Sediment Cartridge

0.5 Micron Carbon Block Replacement Filter for Marine Depot, SpectraPure & Kent Marine

Marine Depot Chloramine Removal Carbon Block Filter Cartridge

20180129_141025.png

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back