Beat night time lighting.

Aeb1419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Ai Prome HD. I go with the best light intesities during the day to optimize coral growth. During the night I have the settings ramp down the colors to a more visual appealing setting. I really like to see the corals pop at this time.

So with that said I choose to go with UV, royal blue, and violet leds. No blue at all. I fo this cause Im trying to achieve a more purplish color. My question is, am I doing any harm, benefit, or nothing at all for my corals the fact that the blue led is not even on? If adding blue will benefit I might reconsider the settings I chose but if it does nothing at all Im willing to keep at 0. I know the blend of spectrums is important so Im not sure what kind of blend I created with only UV, royal blue, and violet created. Any thoughts?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you ramp down the intensity of the light you are doing next to nothing in terms of good or bad for the corals. The zooxanthellae in the coral that do photosynthesis only process light to make food when the light is pretty intense. Then blue as well as white light is important. When the lights are running at lower intensity your color choice has very little if any effect at all.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back