Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running a nanocube or biocube for 7 years now. In that time I’ve had an engineer goby (who just passed at age 10 and nearly 2ft long) and a four stripe damsel the whole time. A Madagascar clownfish, green corris wrasse, and coral beauty angel have all passed through. I had to get rid of the single clown because she was a gift and clearly female. She was also an ***hole. I’m attempting to add the following to my 32 once I get my damsel rehomed to my new biocube 16 led:

-AC Orchid dottyback (he’s been at Petco for 4 months and I am not leaving the little dude there any longer than I have to)
-2 TINY O. Clownfish
-2 or 3 pajama bottom cardinals
-six line or corris wrasse

I know the six line can be mean. How bad are clowns? I’ve never had a pair before. If I get them small and add them last will they be belligerent? Should I go with a single clownfish? Any advice is helpful.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 clowns or the pajamas

reefidiot??

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I personally have had a good experience with clownfish and usually adding a small clownfish is the best but I'm not sure if your getting like 2 baby clowns or 1 baby clown and one female. I recommend that you get a smaller one with a female but in the case that you are getting 2 small clowns get one first and grow it to a bigger size. Clownfish love to fight to become a female. So my rule of thumb is one clownfish should be noticeably bigger. I personally grew a black ocellaris and got a teeny weeny white Wyoming and they paired in one day.

IF YOU HAVE A CLARKY: no just like no. I don't recommend it, UNLESS you are willing to go to the fish store buy a clarki return it because it got nipped and just keep doing it until you give up or it pairs. This might be worth it with clarkis (I think this is the same for maroons so)

For the 6 line: I mean I didn't have much of a negative experience but I would still be careful

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I personally have had a good experience with clownfish and usually adding a small clownfish is the best but I'm not sure if your getting like 2 baby clowns or 1 baby clown and one female. I recommend that you get a smaller one with a female but in the case that you are getting 2 small clowns get one first and grow it to a bigger size. Clownfish love to fight to become a female. So my rule of thumb is one clownfish should be noticeably bigger. I personally grew a black ocellaris and got a teeny weeny white Wyoming and they paired in one day.

IF YOU HAVE A CLARKY: no just like no. I don't recommend it, UNLESS you are willing to go to the fish store buy a clarki return it because it got nipped and just keep doing it until you give up or it pairs. This might be worth it with clarkis (I think this is the same for maroons so)

For the 6 line: I mean I didn't have much of a negative experience but I would still be careful
I was thinking of pairing a Wyoming with a black but wasn’t sure if they would pair up. I’ll probably go with two Wyoming’s since they say they are more calm. I’m looking at getting two tiny Wyoming’s to add to my tank

Probably going to go with my clowns, a royal gramma, and some kind of wrasse. Maybe a tiny hippo tang until it gets huge.

reefidiot??

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of pairing a Wyoming with a black but wasn’t sure if they would pair up. I’ll probably go with two Wyoming’s since they say they are more calm. I’m looking at getting two tiny Wyoming’s to add to my tank

Probably going to go with my clowns, a royal gramma, and some kind of wrasse. Maybe a tiny hippo tang until it gets huge.
Wait did you just say your adding your clown fish with the baby wyomings?

reefidiot??

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No lol. I’m adding baby Wyoming’s
Thank the lord sounds good to me btw all of this different breed for different something is wrong in clownfish I think? My black occellariss protects my other fish from a damsel I don't have the heart to remove the damsel so he stays as long as the clownfish protects my fish (the Female one protects my fish)

Back