BioWheel Penguin 200 Power Filter

ReefReef3

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey y'all! Totally new to this. In highschool I really wanted a reef tank and did tons of research but my parents wouldn't allow it, now that I'm an adult I am finally starting my first reef tank! Since I'm in my early 20s I'm trying to be frugal with this and not buy everything at once, I got a 35 gallon bow front tank for dirt cheap, a salinometer, heater, and my local LFS sold me a biowheel filter but so far everything I've read says that they're less than ideal reef tank filters...thoughts? I am wanting to keep a pair of clowns, a goby and a basic cleanup crew along with some soft corals and an anemone. I was given a protein skimmer with the tank but I really don't want to deal with an in-sump setup as the stand is small and so is the room the tank is in. What is the lowest maintenance OR simplest filtration system I can set up?
 
The filtration will be coming from the live rocks, so its important to get the best rocks possible. The live rocks that has been aquacultured in the ocean is going to give you the best chances of success. HOB filters works fine but has limitations
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new