Books for newbie

Rocky2234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi People,

I am a newbie to reefing. I am looking for book recommendations to get educated. I am going through the brs 52 weeks youtube, I have read BobFenners book The Conscientious Marine Aquarist about 5 years ago. His book is dated 2008, I was wondering if there are other books just as good that contain recent information?

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
After 50 years in the hobby, I can recommend two books. Reef Aquarium Volumn 3 by Julian Sprung & Harley’s Delbrick is the Bible of Reefkeeping. I see many struggle with what goes into tank because they don’t plan on a biotheme. Things that eat and pee together need to be compatiable. For me, John Tullock brought it all together with “The Natural Reef Aquarium”. He emphasized biotypes or a must have pivitol species. Because I embrace natural systems I appreciated his core belief,
“Less technology, more biology”.

First tank has been set up for 25 years. It includes a 75G Jaubert Plenum on top with a 30G EcoSystem Cryptic refugium.

Second picture is of my newest build at 7 months wet. 120G display with reverse flow undergravel filter and 40G cryptic refugium.

Back