Branching frogspawn growth rate

Uroplatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a branching frogspawn with 3 heads and I’m wondering what the growth rate is. It’s been more than a month

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember where I found this coral chart with growth rates and feeding needs etc...

So take it with a grain of salt I guess. I have been looking at it from time to time.

Attachments

• Coral Chart.pdf
    105.9 KB · Views: 399
OP
OP
Uroplatus

Uroplatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember where I found this coral chart with growth rates and feeding needs etc...

So take it with a grain of salt I guess. I have been looking at it from time to time.
Do you have any?

Surfandturf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a branching frogspawn with 3 heads and I’m wondering what the growth rate is. It’s been more than a month
The growth rate can be slow at first, but can pick up rather quickly as soon as the coral is in the right conditions. When looking at a coral such as frogspawn, you need to understand what it is and how it grows its heads. One of the most important parameters to monitor for frogspawn/torch, hammer health is Alkalinity. For some reason, I have found that when my alkalinity is off, these corals are very unhappy and they show it by not fully extending. Additionally, they will eat certain foods, try feeding it once per week. As for lighting, I have had these types of corals in a wide range of lighting conditions, but by far they have done the best in low to medium light. I have acclimated them to high light in an SPS dominant tank, but it never really "took off" with growth. Lastly, make sure that you have it in a low to low-medium flow area of the tank. As torches will do well in higher flow, it has been my experience that frogspawn and hammer corals will do much better with lower flow. Good luck and stay patient.

OP
OP
Uroplatus

Uroplatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The growth rate can be slow at first, but can pick up rather quickly as soon as the coral is in the right conditions. When looking at a coral such as frogspawn, you need to understand what it is and how it grows its heads. One of the most important parameters to monitor for frogspawn/torch, hammer health is Alkalinity. For some reason, I have found that when my alkalinity is off, these corals are very unhappy and they show it by not fully extending. Additionally, they will eat certain foods, try feeding it once per week. As for lighting, I have had these types of corals in a wide range of lighting conditions, but by far they have done the best in low to medium light. I have acclimated them to high light in an SPS dominant tank, but it never really "took off" with growth. Lastly, make sure that you have it in a low to low-medium flow area of the tank. As torches will do well in higher flow, it has been my experience that frogspawn and hammer corals will do much better with lower flow. Good luck and stay patient.
What foods?

Back