Bubba's SPS Journey

Ling_Thing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same, my homie doesn't trust them either and has received less than steller pieces from them
I agree I bought the over hyped hyper crush arrived super pale and zero color and ended up dying a week later. Got the joker from him last year barely has encrusted in 8 months and not much crazy color to report and I bought the everclear last month and it came in super pale zero color and praying it holds on. I have a lot of high end acros too so I know what I’m talking about, RR jawdropper, Acrolandia, homewrecker, rr angry birds, pimped out tenius etc.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tripdad - when I spoke to TSA , they mentioned it’s a very versatile acro . But to get the vibrant orange , they generally put it extremely high PAR of over 450 and crazy high flow . I have a nun sitting at 500 and right close to the intersection of MP40 and Tunze and slowly getting the rich orange as it was all green when I got it .

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Bubba, do you have any idea about what par the Bill Murray is under? Thanks, and everything looks great, as usual!
@tripdad - when I spoke to TSA , they mentioned it’s a very versatile acro . But to get the vibrant orange , they generally put it extremely high PAR of over 450 and crazy high flow . I have a nun sitting at 500 and right close to the intersection of MP40 and Tunze and slowly getting the rich orange as it was all green when I got it .
I am not even sure it needs high par to get the orange but probably just needs time to fully color up. In my old tank it was solid orangish red throughout the whole thing and was about 3" off the sand. When I transferred it to the new tank it went all green on me but is starting to get the orange again. I assume its in much higher par now.

Old tank
Bill ******* murray Jan 301.jpg

currently
BillMurray by Raul Rivas, on Flickr

@bubbaque You don’t have a par meter?
Unfortunately I don't.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CB Malificent never gets old. If you want a red coral this is the one to have.

The left growth tip is so bright and vibrant in person. I have never seen it like this before.

Picture of my smaller colony. My larger one is probably 3 -4x this size.
Picture taken with radions set to 14k
CB Maleficent by Raul Rivas, on Flickr

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CB Malificent never gets old. If you want a red coral this is the one to have.

The left growth tip is so bright and vibrant in person. I have never seen it like this before.

Gorgeous color

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Malificent looks killer. Out of the 20 or so I ordered from Cornbred, this is one of the two that keeps dying on me within a few days. He sent me a replacement, which was awesome because it wasn't really within the DOA policy time, but that one BARELY hung on - just the crust on the plug is still kicking. The other one was the Birthday Cake. I really wanted that one to thrive, but I lost 2 in a row. Bummed.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ive noticed with more PAR/whites/full spectrum, the red has gotten really intesne for me.

Back