Bubble Coral Exposed Skeleton

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wolf89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2018
Messages
1,853
Reaction score
2,687
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for suggestions how how to help my bubble coral. It arrived in shipping a couple weeks ago, after being in the mail for 2 days. Overall it's pretty happy, but there is some noticeable flesh recession and exposed skeleton. I have read that these corals are very susceptible to brown jelly disease. What should I do to ensure it grows over the skeleton and the algae that's grown on it? iodine? peroxide?
1755452682865.jpeg
 
looking for suggestions how how to help my bubble coral. It arrived in shipping a couple weeks ago, after being in the mail for 2 days. Overall it's pretty happy, but there is some noticeable flesh recession and exposed skeleton. I have read that these corals are very susceptible to brown jelly disease. What should I do to ensure it grows over the skeleton and the algae that's grown on it? iodine? peroxide?
1755452682865.jpeg
I don’t keep bubble coral but I do keep Cynarina and this is a very common thing in Cynarina. The skeleton structure is similar and when the coral gets stressed it retracts and can puncture itself

It won’t regrow over the skeleton if they have algae. You can remove it with hydrogen peroxide and a paintbrush

In good conditions the coral will heal over those exposed ridges
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new