Can I use put these four tangs together?

carlosposada0801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I had a quesiton, could I have two sailfin tangs, a unicorn tang and a yellow eye kole tang together in the same tank. Currently In the tank is one sailfin tang that has been there for about three months alone.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would depend on the size of tank .
And what one of them was added first .
+1 to this, as you’ve already added one sailfin you wouldn’t be able to add a second and as for the other two tangs you want to add, the unicorn (Or any from the genus Naso) will need Atleast an 8’ tank if not 10-14’. The same size tank may be a need for the Sailfin as it ages.

I will say, knowing your Dimensions instead of the amount of water it hold will make it much better to work with and help us with more of a visual idea.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to this, as you’ve already added one sailfin you wouldn’t be able to add a second and as for the other two tangs you want to add, the unicorn (Or any from the genus Naso) will need Atleast an 8’ tank if not 10-14’. The same size tank may be a need for the Sailfin as it ages.

I will say, knowing your Dimensions instead of the amount of water it hold will make it much better to work with and help us with more of a visual idea.
They are all aggressive . If the ones listed to believe the sailfin would be the most aggressive . Not so welcoming

but it’s possible to stick together . @vetteguy53081 proves many tangs can live together in the same system .

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all aggressive . If the ones listed to believe the sailfin would be the most aggressive . Not so welcoming

but it’s possible to stick together . @vetteguy53081 proves many tangs can live together in the same system .
Ctenochaetus are the least aggressive and it’s often that they aren’t actually aggressive. They tend to be the genus that goes under the radar with the more aggressive tangs such as Sohal, Achilles, Sailfins ect..

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To question whether they will be able . Anyone with a tank large enough knows it is still risky .
It’s often not as risky though, many people would take the risk if they had the correct tank size.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
With good water quality management and diet it is doable not to mention I’ve had two sailfin more than once which I’ll post pics when I get home
I have 29 tangs now with powder blue being the jerk but no injury or damage occurs

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I had a quesiton, could I have two sailfin tangs, a unicorn tang and a yellow eye kole tang together in the same tank. Currently In the tank is one sailfin tang that has been there for about three months alone.

There is no answer for this question without tank size and dimensions.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever watched the movie "Gladiator"

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With good water quality management and diet it is doable not to mention I’ve had two sailfin more than once which I’ll post pics when I get home
I have 29 tangs now with powder blue being the jerk but no injury or damage occurs
What size tank are these 29 tangs in ?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a unicorn tang and they get huge. What's size tank? The unicorn tang I've seen is In 16ft tank and it's well over a 1ft.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. The two Sailfins may fight each other.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
As promised, here is my 2 sailfin tangs together

660g 10.28c.jpg
660g 10.28d.jpg
660g 10.28e.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say they'd need a MASSIVE tank for this to work. Ideally 10 foot plus. Unicorn can grow over 1 foot, Sailfin are quite large and generally don't tolerate conspecifics -- though zebrasoma tangs (as they are) CAN eventually learn to cooperate in some cases. It would not be my ideal dream team of tangs to try in anything but a giant tank, however.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back