Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Baby has been growing!!
4DBA1231-9F4E-42A4-817C-6C8865F8AD56.jpeg

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Chalices we have/had!

This one was really sweet, never seen a Northern Territory Aussie chalice with 3 colors fused together!

We call this "Marbling Leopard Chalice" - Rare Indo chalice that's not commonly found!

Another rare Indo chalice that's been "Baked" - Convict chalices from Indo usually come in green, a few will trickle through and have vibrant orange colors!

This is by far the brightest Aussie Chalice we've had! Tanked for months in our chalice bin, colors look fake, like spray painted! Still available on our website right now - www.aquasd.com

Couple of our "Rainbow Chalices". We call this strain "ASD Mind Fck"

We've only gotten one of these ever! Indo chalice, thin fleshed, absolutely gorgeous rainbow chalice!

Usually this type of Aussie chalice comes in with Red Rim and Red Eyes, this one had Gold Rim and Gold Eyes, definitely a unique piece!

One of our latest acquired "Rainbow Chalice". Sweet gold colors with bleeding green streaks!

WillB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
969e4d49f402cf65f7b4cbfcb216553a.jpg

New chalice I picked up from my trip to Aqua SD for the first time the other day! I can’t believe it’s been 20 minutes away all this time! I believe it is the “Ultra Indo Chalice”

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also my tank is a 180 lite by 2 photon 32 reefbreeders. Peak at 30 white and 100 blue for three hours. With a few hrs ramp before and after. I am wondering if placing them on the bottom will be too much light as I read white led was chalice killers. Putting them under an overhang doesn’t let me see there beauty. My other thought was to use a corner frag rack and have it in the front corner about 2 inches under water surface. Par is very low here and would allow me to feed them nightly. What are everyone’s thoughts. The help is much appreciated

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get the large disks. I looked on amazon and review said they were too thin and brittle
I got the 3" ones off of Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OWKP1TY/ref=pe_1843280_285037640_em_1p_0_ti?pldnSite=1

They are thin, if you drop them on the ground they will likely break. Of the 20, only 1 came broken in 2. They are wrapped really well, but super glue will fix anything broken. If you are trying to grow something out on them, they would be really be awesome for cutting up. Sitting on the bottom of my tank, I think they will do well.

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some favia on these grow on rocks but want some disks for chalice. I moved them up top and taped over the closest white led on fixture so they are in mostly blue even thou it’s off to the side and kinda shaded. Hope it isn’t too much light. I have kept them like this before five years ago when I had my old 75 set up. I could feed them this way and block flow with a piece of plexi. Posted a fts I would really like to keep chalice on bottom once grown but I think my lights might be too powerful but not sure.
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back