Cloudy water after adding sand

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schteeve in no way did you do anything different than most of us started doing, the directions don’t tell us to rinse they give us little clarifier packs/ doesn’t work for everyone

But pre rinsing works for everyone

It takes a consortium of rule breakers several years to begin rinsing, what we do is against the grain oh / we simply wanted better clarity than following directions gets us

Pls take pics we will link your big work job as first example post in the sand rinse thread. Averting headache= rinse it in portions with tap water until fully clear each section like my nano below, cloudless. then final rinse each section in a dash of ro water then that section is ready. Each section cloudless rinsed then added together means the whole reworked bed will pass a drop test before you put rocks back

B

The video is a 12 yr old nano vase packed with corals but they’re sitting out on the counter in the air. I tap rinse the bed to crystal clear, then with saltwater, then reassemble the tank for another year or two before re rinse. I plan on cheat-driving the system to fifty years old by simple 36 mo sandbed cleaning intervals.

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back