Clownfish done with QT??????????????

Noob_Sam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I got this clownfish last Sunday. My lfs already had him in step 1 and 2 medication ( the green and blue one). Also when I got him I did a FW dip and he had no flukes. He is in copper for the last 9 days ( @2.0ppm - Copper Power). He had some white spots the second day and after that he had nothing on his body. He is wild caught so it took him a few days to start eating. - Garlic did the trick. He's body is clear and he is eating. Can I now put him in my DT?

Thanks,

Sam .

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your quarantine tank is stable, I personally wouldn't do it, not with a wild caught clown. Copper Power is fairly non-toxic. The minimum copper treatment in pretty much anyone's book is 14 days, and I always run 30 myself. I do 30 days copper, 14 days general cure and then 14 days observation, and even that isn't 100%. It also depends on what fish you'll be risking by moving it over early....

Jay

OP
OP
Noob_Sam

Noob_Sam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your quarantine tank is stable, I personally wouldn't do it, not with a wild caught clown. Copper Power is fairly non-toxic. The minimum copper treatment in pretty much anyone's book is 14 days, and I always run 30 myself. I do 30 days copper, 14 days general cure and then 14 days observation, and even that isn't 100%. It also depends on what fish you'll be risking by moving it over early....

Jay
Well I am risking couple of hundreds of dollars lol. So I guess I will wait longer. It just that he looks wealthy and has no spots on his body and he is eating well. But yeah thanks.

OP
OP
Noob_Sam

Noob_Sam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
And yes my QT is stable. Its full cycled Its been running non stop for like 3-4 months

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back