Coral cat shark digestion problems

dillon lif

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have had a Coral Catshark for about a month now and he appeared to be fine. Eating and really active at night But over the last 24 hours there has been a small problem with the shark. It seems whenever I try to give him a vitamin he throws it up the next day. I’m not sure if a full vitamin is too much. They are the mizori shark and ray. He is only 6 inches right now. He ate lobster tail fine then two days later I fed him shrimp with the vitamin and threw it up 24hrs later

Water parameters
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Salinity 1.025

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have had a Coral Catshark for about a month now and he appeared to be fine. Eating and really active at night But over the last 24 hours there has been a small problem with the shark. It seems whenever I try to give him a vitamin he throws it up the next day. I’m not sure if a full vitamin is too much. They are the mizori shark and ray. He is only 6 inches right now. He ate lobster tail fine then two days later I fed him shrimp with the vitamin and threw it up 24hrs later

Water parameters
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Salinity 1.025
There are two sizes of Mazuri vitamins, I presume you have the smaller, 0.2 gram size? The dose for those is one tablet per 28 grams of found. This is about equal to one small smelt. Your shark can’t eat anything that large, so you will need to break the tablets into smaller pieces.
Jay

OP
OP
D

dillon lif

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two sizes of Mazuri vitamins, I presume you have the smaller, 0.2 gram size? The dose for those is one tablet per 28 grams of found. This is about equal to one small smelt. Your shark can’t eat anything that large, so you will need to break the tablets into smaller pieces.
Jay
Yes, I have him a full tablet even though they are pretty small. He will be getting half from now on.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have him a full tablet even though they are pretty small. He will be getting half from now on.
And then, only twice a week.

Jay

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 98 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 49.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.4%
Back