Coral from LiveAquaria

Lukas75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Personally I hate the LA frag plugs most of all (way too thick) so I would be cutting them off anyways, but the point is still there. Against my better judgement I placed a fish order with them and received it Tuesday. I've had a hard time locating a small one spot foxface anywhere. Well, it was DOA. I have dealt with them extensively in the past and everything was always on an honor system. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame a vendor for asking for a picture of the DOA before refunding, but I was taken aback when LA asked me for it. They said a refund has been submitted, but I still don't have my money.

Edit: I just received an e-mail from paypal saying the money has been refunded.

Last edited:

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would only order from divers den and buy only colonies from them. Can’t beat a 14 day guarantee in this hobby, shoot any guarantee at all is rare. Buying frags locally is the way to go for nice cheap stuff like what you got. The two small corals I would be irritated with because they don’t look like even half an inch tall. But they probably will say it’s multibranches and that makes up for it. High end vendors will just give you a single 3/4” branch, good luck getting multi branches pieces. Except from battlecorals or aqua sd or anything along those lines.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are changing in the hobby. Supply of inverts and corals is now very limited. It was common place to see 2-3" frags of nice corals 5 years ago for under $50, up to $100 from places like ORA. Now its common is to see 1/2" frags for $50 and up. Fiji stopping coral export long with many other island nations has really put a hurt on our hobby.

Fluval M90 Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have stopped ordering from them too. My last order I ordered a very nice Aussie Blastomusa, bright red with a green center and it came brown with a green center. They say it is the same coral and gave me a quarter of the price as refund bc I wasn’t happy with the specimen. Ever since Petco took over they have gone down the drain. I’m sure they are loosing customers left and right. Such a great company it was. I would always look to order from Diver’s Den. Now I can’t say that anymore. Below is the picture of the Blastomusa and a picture of my tank. My tank is in pristine conditions and they still say it’s the same specimen that’s stressed. They can say that to a newbie, but I’ve been in the hobby long enough to know how corals should look.

FishyDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have stopped ordering from them too. My last order I ordered a very nice Aussie Blastomusa, bright red with a green center and it came brown with a green center. They say it is the same coral and gave me a quarter of the price as refund bc I wasn’t happy with the specimen. Ever since Petco took over they have gone down the drain. I’m sure they are loosing customers left and right. Such a great company it was. I would always look to order from Diver’s Den. Now I can’t say that anymore. Below is the picture of the Blastomusa and a picture of my tank. My tank is in pristine conditions and they still say it’s the same specimen that’s stressed. They can say that to a newbie, but I’ve been in the hobby long enough to know how corals should look.
I don't see any photos. :(

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that frag started rtn I’m sure they would refund you. Also remember their guarantee for frags is 30 days but only 14 days for Ora.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use them for fish. I’ve probably lost 90% of all fish from them. Eventually they decided it was me and asked me for a thousand different water parameters (strontium for example) before giving me a refund on my last premature death. The 10% that made it have lasted almost a year now so, yay.

Musclebai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had something similar happen to me .paid for a large 5 to 8 inch but a small 3 inch piece gets delivered slightly bleached.they refunded when i sent a picture next to a ruler

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back