Core7 Availability - Revised ETA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATI-E stuff has nothing specific for the increased Macro algae growth so I would think that while each manufacturer would like to say their products are different (other than Triton having the Alk or 3a/3b separate) the similarity of ATI-E would likely be similar to the Triton Other Methods which does not include the additional "stuff" for algae growth benefits.

OP
OP
Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATI-E stuff has nothing specific for the increased Macro algae growth so I would think that while each manufacturer would like to say their products are different (other than Triton having the Alk or 3a/3b separate) the similarity of ATI-E would likely be similar to the Triton Other Methods which does not include the additional "stuff" for algae growth benefits.

I'm curious now. Have we ever gotten a full explanation on what that other "stuff" is/was from either manufacturer? I was under the impression both were attempting to replicate natural sea water... something to research this evening when I get home.

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not the expert LOL. But my understanding from all the readings and posts that the other stuff was sort of unique to "triton method" (as oppposed to other methods) to encourage or support the increased demand or expectation of high macro algae growth and presence. The attempt to get NSW results is the same with Core 7 "triton method" and "other method" just the "triton method" has additional stuff that encourages the algae growth and life.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL are there any experts or just a lot of marketing claims? But then again we've also been instructed by Triton to eat the hamburger and not ask what's in it...

M

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But yeah specifically for now while I (and MANY others) are using a non-triton product to at least attempt to maintain NSW parameters it would be nice to have a general idea of a product or products that we could dose (even in low quantities) to try to emulate the "other stuff" in Triton method product while we are waiting for the "Niña, Pinta and Santa Maria" to arrive with more Triton products specifically 10L bottles! lol

Sorry @Tim@Triton its JUST a joke LOL.. but our need is serious.

13149718.jpg

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL are there any experts or just a lot of marketing claims? But then again we've also been instructed by Triton to eat the hamburger and not ask what's in it...

M
Well to some extent I understand not posting exact content as it would be proprietary at least to some extent. Even if there is some special or unique ingredient in it then if they tell us what is in it you know there would be 25 youtube videos in a week with people showing how to make your own for half the cost with things you already have in your kitchen lol. I do however understand some people needing a little more information for their own special needs

OP
OP
Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two Little Fishies - Iron Concentrate Julian Sprung’s Reef Formula = iron & manganese

I started dosing it about 2 months into starting Triton's regular method to supplement macro growth in an oversized refugium and under stocked DT. Never stopped...

This may seem like an odd statement, but I have found reef keeping easier than maintaining a hi-tech, on the edge planted tank... reefing is much more relaxing, but some habits die hard, including a lingering fascination with plant growth and the Redfield Ratio.

M

PS still haven't made it home yet!

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is Triton pretty much out of stock again everywhere? I bought some of the very last other methods 10L kits on the market once I got wind that the leaking containers were causing the availability shortage. I now am down to one set of 10L and one set of the 1L still in the now legendary old school plastic bottles. I can maybe make it another month at my current consumption rate, but my customers are not going to be pleased if I cannot supply them with reef supplement or have to change them to a new system. The results so far have been excellent in terms of coloring stubborn pieces and initiating growth in other troublesome SPS, but I really do have to start looking at other options now. I am responsible for the management of my customer tanks and I can't be caught in a situation where thriving, high uptake reefs are left without supply for weeks at a time. I also don't think it's fair that I should have to order 4 or more of the 10L sets just to safeguard against Triton's seemingly now frequent business operation mistakes.

Really had high hopes after I first implemented the system and saw the quality of the product at work in the tanks I manage as well as the quality of the packaging impressing my customers. After what's transpired the past few months I'm kind of getting a sour taste in my mouth now to be honest.

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is Triton pretty much out of stock again everywhere? I bought some of the very last other methods 10L kits on the market once I got wind that the leaking containers were causing the availability shortage. I now am down to one set of 10L and one set of the 1L still in the now legendary old school plastic bottles. I can maybe make it another month at my current consumption rate, but my customers are not going to be pleased if I cannot supply them with reef supplement or have to change them to a new system. The results so far have been excellent in terms of coloring stubborn pieces and initiating growth in other troublesome SPS, but I really do have to start looking at other options now. I am responsible for the management of my customer tanks and I can't be caught in a situation where thriving, high uptake reefs are left without supply for weeks at a time. I also don't think it's fair that I should have to order 4 or more of the 10L sets just to safeguard against Triton's seemingly now frequent business operation mistakes.

Really had high hopes after I first implemented the system and saw the quality of the product at work in the tanks I manage as well as the quality of the packaging impressing my customers. After what's transpired the past few months I'm kind of getting a sour taste in my mouth now to be honest.
In the absence of information about when we can expect product again we all wonder why. I can't go much longer waiting. I may switch also. I've been using the BRS 2 part again for way too long and it's starting to show in some macro algae die off and I know I will have to do two or three more icp tests to get back to nsw levels.

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m feeling for you guys. I just finished the switch over with my sump and am ready to order Core 7, but obviously it’s nowhere to be found. I’m still finishing up the Aquaforest stuff that’s left, but I only have a week or two left. I have a new dosing system ready to go online once I switch too. What has been the issue?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First shipment left yesterday.

Second shipment leaving early next week.

In the middle, the sea shipment container load is also on its way.

OP
OP
Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First shipment left yesterday.

Second shipment leaving early next week.

In the middle, the sea shipment container load is also on its way.

Thanks Tim. So extrapolating from the last shipment, it's likely going to be Tuesday-Wednesday of next week before the next round lands in Memphis?

Were you able to resolve your customs clearance issues or do you think customs will hang you up another 2 weeks before product can be on-forwarded to UniqueCorals and BRS?

M

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tim. So extrapolating from the last shipment, it's likely going to be Tuesday-Wednesday of next week before the next round lands in Memphis?

Were you able to resolve your customs clearance issues or do you think customs will hang you up another 2 weeks before product can be on-forwarded to UniqueCorals and BRS?

M
Customs are a law unto themselves but we have the paperwork in place so hopefully, even if it is flagged we should be able to expedite the process...

OP
OP
Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customs are a law unto themselves
There is more bitter truth to that than either of us want to admit - and inconsistent on top of it as well!

but we have the paperwork in place so hopefully, even if it is flagged we should be able to expedite the process...

I was going to suggest prefiling if you could. There are companies out their that can help expedite such for lower volume shippers that fall between the cracks of the heavy hitters such as DHL, Kuehne-Nagel, Schenker, UPS, etc... and depending on how good they are they might even save some cost - not that anyone is saving much at the moment.

There has been so much excess capacity in the market for years... until recently. IF you can find space, it's going for a premium.

Please keep us abreast of progress.

M

BobNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped into my LFS tonight and they had a couple of sets of Core7 in stock. I was tempted to buy both sets, but I left one for another Reefer. I was there 2 weeks ago and they had none, so they must have received a shipment from the last batch. Not sure if they have any more stock than the one set I left on the shelf or if that is the last of what they received. Hopefully once the next shipments arrive in the states all those in need get stocked up and this shortage will be a thing of the past.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 92 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back