Core7 Availability - Revised ETA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

aquanicssd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh... no. Triton no longer sells Core 7 in plastic bottles. Do a quick search on R2R for leaking milk cartons and you will get the full back story.
Thank you! I figure a cleaned out 2L soda bottle should do the trick for now.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I seen this. 200 in stock this morning and now down to 40 something. Which means anyone that didn't pay attention after tomorrow will probably have to wait another month plus..

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those the same style bottles that BRS has in stock? How easy are they to hookup into a given air/dosing line? Is there a special size needed.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread here a little, it's my first round I've been able to buy and am scrambling to get a dosing unit ready)

These were a limited edition run only. You had to be one of Triton's most valuable customers. :)

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were a limited edition run only. You had to be one of Triton's most valuable customers. :)
Just for the record,, I got these in that picture from a fellow reefer that bought the MurLok bulkheads to drill into the lids on the old school "good ole days" plastic containers that the Triton stuff USED to come in. (thats a whole different thread but that is the primary reason for the shortages now). heres what I am talking about. Oh and by the way I do have ONE set of empty bottles still available if someone wants them.

MurLok.JPG

aquanicssd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for the record,, I got these in that picture from a fellow reefer that bought the MurLok bulkheads to drill into the lids on the old school "good ole days" plastic containers that the Triton stuff USED to come in. (thats a whole different thread but that is the primary reason for the shortages now). heres what I am talking about. Oh and by the way I do have ONE set of empty bottles still available if someone wants them.

MurLok.JPG
Yeah! Just ordered 4. I figure the VOSS bottles or a similar glass container should work great. My only thought was that you would need to have some air pass through, but just slightly loosening the lid should accomplish that.

Going to try setting up an Arduino to control the dosing pumps. Need to calibrate first.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah! Just ordered 4. I figure the VOSS bottles or a similar glass container should work great. My only thought was that you would need to have some air pass through, but just slightly loosening the lid should accomplish that.

Going to try setting up an Arduino to control the dosing pumps. Need to calibrate first.

There is a small pinhole drilled into the top of each bottle next to the murlock fitting to allow air in.

I'm upgrading to this and will use the plastic bottles to store the extra Triton fluid in because I don't trust the milk cartons not to leak.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dlc4-quadruple-dosing-reservoir-skimz.html

211112_skimz_dosingcontainer_cv4.jpg

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is getting off track,, but I can't help but notice the DLC4 dosing container you are going to be buying is ALSO out of stock.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is getting off track,, but I can't help but notice the DLC4 dosing container you are going to be buying is ALSO out of stock.

I just bought the last one 30 min ago but it has been out of stock for over a month also. Brs was suppose to email me when they got more in. So I guess they only got 1 in today, ha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MurLok.JPG

As long as we are off topic, checkout https://www.freshwatersystems.com/c-276-fittings-valves-tubing.aspx

Decent prices and just about anything you might need for push-connect fittings...

...oh and we're down to only 15 units left at BRS.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 left......I would love to listen into the conversation when BRS calls Triton to order more.

BRS
"Yeah we would like to place another order for your product"

Triton
"But you just recieved your delivery this morning!"

BRS
"Ah Yeah, About that"

Silence.....

BRS
"Hello? Anybody there?"

:)

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've had mine set up with VOSS and these fittings for awhile. Works okay, however it does allow a decent amount of air in at the join from bulkhead to flex tubing.

4 left......I would love to listen into the conversation when BRS calls Triton to order more.

BRS
"Yeah we would like to place another order for your product"

Triton
"But you just recieved your delivery this morning!"

BRS
"Ah Yeah, About that"

Silence.....

BRS
"Hello? Anybody there?"

:)

The bigger issue is the longer they have this "supply issue" it's going to get exponentially worse. I have enough at home to get me few a through months. However, I still bought more today and will continue to have 1 unopened set on hand to prevent me running out. Its unfortunate, but I'm sure many are going to continue to maintain a larger than normal supply due to the over demand.

OP
OP
Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine set up with VOSS and these fittings for awhile. Works okay, however it does allow a decent amount of air in at the join from bulkhead to flex tubing.

Go to the link I provided earlier for Fresh Water Systems and do a search for a quick-connect stem to barb fitting. Recently picked one up from them in Kynar to feed ozone into my skimmer. They even had a Kynar 3/8" by 1/4" tee, for a nice clean install.

The bigger issue is the longer they have this "supply issue" it's going to get exponentially worse. I have enough at home to get me few a through months. However, I still bought more today and will continue to have 1 unopened set on hand to prevent me running out. Its unfortunate, but I'm sure many are going to continue to maintain a larger than normal supply due to the over demand.

And don't forget, the longer the "supply issue" remains, the longer non-European customers will continue to pay the penalty price...

...isn't supply and demand great? Even when the limited supply is caused by the producer.

EDIT: and BRS is out again.

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to start this but every time I go to buy it, SOLD OUT! ........ I wonder when BRS and Dr Randy will roll out a product of their own? .....NEW Pharmaceutical Grade...HINT!HINT!

OP
OP
Want2BS8ed

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to start this but every time I go to buy it, SOLD OUT! ........ I wonder when BRS and Dr Randy will roll out a product of their own? .....NEW Pharmaceutical Grade...HINT!HINT!

You may be on to something there. I'm beginning to wonder if good 'ole 2-part with some extra manganese and iron isn't the answer...

But let's not get Randy tied up in a commercial venture. He's like a one man Consumer Reports for Reef additives! An independent advocate that deserves our eternal gratitude.

Thanks Randy!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm beginning to wonder if good 'ole 2-part with some extra manganese and iron isn't the answer...
He's like a one man Consumer Reports for Reef additives!
I think you just nailed it!
Now add a test bed of 3 tanks in a controlled environment=ULM series? .......Just clowning around ;)

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine arrived. I only bought 2 sets of the 1L ones So only 2 of the 200 that BRS had came to me. I was not a hoarder LOL. That will last me 5 to 6 weeks. Hopefully the supply issues will be resolved by then ,,, fingers crossed. Oh and not too off subject,,, they were dry, no leaks.

20180307_173359.jpg

20180307_173349.jpg

20180307_172856.jpg

20180307_172842.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing how something so mundane can look so beautiful when its desired.

20180307_172842-jpg.692989

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered mine From BRS, they excepted order, took my money, sent tracking number, then never shipped. They over sold and have many peoplpe in back order situation. NOT COOL.
If anyone has any extra stock, I would pay more for your troubles to send a full set of Core7.
The Boys are tired of being in Jail, they want to come back home.

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 17.7%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back