Core7 Trace Elements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Core7 has Traces in all 4 parts. Triton recommends to dose all 4 parts equally.

It would assume that if these trace elements were not dosed equally that several will likely fall below the desired range. Could this cause an imbalance that would lead to a tank crash? I’m assuming it would not and the depleted levels will only need to be brought back into normal range.

I wanted to ask because I know some people are not dosing all parts equally. For whatever reason they need to dose more/less of some parts.

I’ve seen the “Fixes to parameter balance issues” correction guide and it seems like this would be acceptable when trying to dial in a system, but not the ideal way to run Core7.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's unlikely that your dosing will be so uneven that it would cause any real issue but I guess it's technically possible. The only things I have to regularly supplement are strontium and Iodine. Otherwise I make minor tweaks here and there to other elements but on whole my water chemistry has stayed very well in line over the years. Good news is if you run regular ICP nothing is going to happen so quick that you can't correct it before it causes any real harm. I run ICP every 1-2 months on my tanks. IMO 3 months is a bit too long as things can go pretty south in that length of time (but perhaps okay for a mature system where you really have things dialed in).

And regardless if an unequal dose causes trace levels to get off, it would only create a deficiency which can be corrected. It would be more detrimental to dose equally and have your major 3 be off than certain trace levels.
What CMO said ;)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back