Bassmaster116

IDK what im doing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my issue is i am running MH’s i want to add some more blue and pop, the second part of my issue is i want to run 3 light bars or 1 larger light bar on each side (48” in length).

The only issue i have is it seems every manufacturer requires a inverter per light bar, is their a way to consolidate?

Otherwise does anyone know of a product comparable to orpheck or reefbreeders that are slightly larger(like 2 or 3 bars combined)?

3rd option is im willing to have someone custom make one, again just not sure where to find that.

Semisonyx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C channel aluminum, A constant current driver (dimmable on the driver itself like the HLG-185H-C1050A), and 30 or so LEDs. Make 2 bars of 15 and wire them in series and connect to the driver that you dim to the desired amps prior to connecting. Very easy to do if you have a little soldering experience.

OP
OP
Bassmaster116

Bassmaster116

IDK what im doing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C channel aluminum, A constant current driver (dimmable on the driver itself like the HLG-185H-C1050A), and 30 or so LEDs. Make 2 bars of 15 and wire them in series and connect to the driver that you dim to the desired amps prior to connecting. Very easy to do if you have a little soldering experience.
Not worried about soldering or actually putting the fixture together i do refrigeration, just havent followed as far as good brands and essentially what works best with what. if that makes sense

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not worried about soldering or actually putting the fixture together i do refrigeration, just havent followed as far as good brands and essentially what works best with what. if that makes sense

simple but a bit err problematic (hp leds run in parallel systems can be problematic for reasons that are a bit
long to explain even though some are already built like that, like the long Orphek ones) is just find light bars using constant current and get a 2x current equiv driver and run the 2 bars in parallel..

If you get bars that are constant voltage ..just boost the current (wattage) and run them in series..

Orphek example:

[*]New OR 120: Input : Voltage:100V-240V AC .
Output : Voltage :35V-65V DC . Current :1A
Power Consumption: 65W+/_5%.

To run 2 bars just get a 2A constant current driver w/ 35-65V (or higher) output.

OR run 4 4ft bars in parallel w/ this and w/ added 10V dimming..
HLG-320H-C3500B
46V~91V
SUGGEST seeing if you can find an AB version though
There is a catch, but it's actually a pretty good one..@3500mA and 4 bars in parallal you only drive each bar at 3500/4 mA= 875mA
Should increase efficiency and longevity w/ minimal par loss.

Suggest adding 1A fuses to each bar to prevent thermal issues if one fails open though one only shunts the 3500mA over 3 bars 1166mA meaning you could change the fuse to 1.5a..still..1A fuses are best

biggest catch is you just bought 4 Orphek drivers and replaced them all w/ a $90 add on.

If you find constant voltage ones, say something that uses a 12V switching power supply at say 1A you just need to find a 12v power supply at say 4A and wire the bars in series..
Linkable with 'power in' on one end and 'power out' on the other end (up to 16 total feet of LEDs on one Power Supply/Dimmer)

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back