Custom Requests!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cburto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a custom round cylinder without s bottom to help protect a cynarina from a snotty Interuptus . I can provide dimensions with a PM. Would like the cylinder to be open at the top but have drilled or lasers holes to allow me to string fishing line to help deter future visits from the angel.

cburto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM please I am a returning customer and have a custom request

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
534A7E2C-1977-4421-B67D-41315B01AC1A.jpeg

your tank is thirsty.

Last edited:

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a false wall for a 5.5g tank ? 8.375" x 10.5" black acrylic with overflow on one side and hole for .5" bulkhead on the other.

Mykesocalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an acclimation box that I purchased, unfortunately before I found your site. Mine uses suction cups. Was looking for a magnetic conversion. The box has holes that mount to the suction cups. Holes on one end are larger so you insert and slide up or down to lock in place. Hope that makes sense.. Think its possible?

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted a acclimation box that has removable dividers in it so that you can have more then 1 space in the acclimation box. It would be useful in getting clowns used to each other or acclimating fish that you don't want to be together at first as they need to get used to each other as well. The dividers would need to have lots of slots and holes in it to allow the max water flow through it between chambers.

Also, what about an acclimation box with a perforated bottom. A problem I have with current acclimation boxes is left over food, fish poop, or debris in the water column settles in the bottom of the acclimation box and gets all nasty. It would be nice if it were perforated so all that debris and and food could fall through into the main tank with the other critters can clean it up.

While dreaming about the perfect acclimation box, it would be cool if it were modular so you could add on to it to make it larger or smaller. I have more than 1 tank with sizes ranging from 180g to 6g. I need a large acclimation box to acclimate a tang for the 180, but a small one to acclimate a goby in the 10g. It would be useful if basically there was a base size acclimation box and then you could add on additional boxes to make it into a larger box as needed.

The last idea applies to all acclimation boxes. I find that the box sits to close to the glass. This presents 3 problems. 1, the glass behind the box doesn't get cleaned so it looks gross. 2, snails try to get behind the box to clean the glass and it pushes the box and pops it off the wall. 3, I've had small fish (like baby clowns) try to hide between the glass and the box, get stuck and die. If the box could be held farther off the glass (maybe pegs at the corners or something) that would alleviate those problems.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an acclimation box that I purchased, unfortunately before I found your site. Mine uses suction cups. Was looking for a magnetic conversion. The box has holes that mount to the suction cups. Holes on one end are larger so you insert and slide up or down to lock in place. Hope that makes sense.. Think its possible?

https://octoaquatics.com/octo-pods/

;)

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted a acclimation box that has removable dividers in it so that you can have more then 1 space in the acclimation box. It would be useful in getting clowns used to each other or acclimating fish that you don't want to be together at first as they need to get used to each other as well. The dividers would need to have lots of slots and holes in it to allow the max water flow through it between chambers.

Also, what about an acclimation box with a perforated bottom. A problem I have with current acclimation boxes is left over food, fish poop, or debris in the water column settles in the bottom of the acclimation box and gets all nasty. It would be nice if it were perforated so all that debris and and food could fall through into the main tank with the other critters can clean it up.

While dreaming about the perfect acclimation box, it would be cool if it were modular so you could add on to it to make it larger or smaller. I have more than 1 tank with sizes ranging from 180g to 6g. I need a large acclimation box to acclimate a tang for the 180, but a small one to acclimate a goby in the 10g. It would be useful if basically there was a base size acclimation box and then you could add on additional boxes to make it into a larger box as needed.

The last idea applies to all acclimation boxes. I find that the box sits to close to the glass. This presents 3 problems. 1, the glass behind the box doesn't get cleaned so it looks gross. 2, snails try to get behind the box to clean the glass and it pushes the box and pops it off the wall. 3, I've had small fish (like baby clowns) try to hide between the glass and the box, get stuck and die. If the box could be held farther off the glass (maybe pegs at the corners or something) that would alleviate those problems.

all good ideas! my reef boxes have slots in the bottom but only a few so good will still need to be blown out with a baster.

i can create a baffle inside but making them modular is a whole different story. it would basically conpromise the structure and make the box way more fragile.

i can set my boxes away from the glass but snails come in all sizes!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back