OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, way it was cared for. I don't know how long it's been away from its natural environment. Before I got. I do know, polyps no longer normal, like in the wild, almost no polyps only color left. If it makes sense. Bummer.

Screenshot_2020-02-17-14-56-06.png

el aguila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at page 25 of this thread. I have recently purchased a stereonepthea.

I have a wine bottle cooler that I use to dose AlgaeBarn’s phytoplankton to my tank. Any recommendations of things that I could add to the phytoplankton?

I’m presently culturing Tisbe copepods and can add these.

Do reef roids and various powders/freeze dried rotifers tend to settle out of suspension when they set in a dosing feeder like mine?

Do people use eggs in a blender with phyto to feed? I noticed this in an earlier post (I raise chickens).

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a wine bottle cooler that I use to dose AlgaeBarn’s phytoplankton to my tank. Any recommendations of things that I could add to the phytoplankton?

Do reef roids and various powders/freeze dried rotifers tend to settle out of suspension when they set in a dosing feeder like mine?

Do people use eggs in a blender with phyto to feed? I noticed this in an earlier post (I raise chickens).
Any pictures, stereo is photo synthetic, so you don't need to feed much. Post a few pictures and natural daylight maybe it's something different.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting my NPS reef going. So far I have this Sun Coral, a couple of heads of Dendro, and some small Yellow Sun Corals:
20200131_194110_resized.jpg
Funny you say that, I have a importer of corals and he has some sun corals waiting for me next week I'll grab them

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

About foods, I prepared some last night I put it in a small blender one egg probably like a quarter of a 32 oz of Phyto-Feast, dead type, some Reef Roids and blend

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I worked 3 and a half hours today at the lfs and came home with this for half price, it was reserved at the wholesaler for me. :)

DSC_0115 (1024x683).jpg

Digging the purple. Can't wait to see it open up!

el aguila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures, stereo is photo synthetic, so you don't need to feed much. Post a few pictures and natural daylight maybe it's something different.
Here is a pic that I took in the LFS a day before purchasing. I can try to get another picture sometime tomorrow.

F44CB000-283E-497A-8339-BDBE1BA1B420.jpeg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic that I took in the LFS a day before purchasing. I can try to get another picture sometime tomorrow.

F44CB000-283E-497A-8339-BDBE1BA1B420.jpeg
That my friend is scleronephthya, so, non-photosynthetic. Good flow, rotate/spin 90 degrees when ever. Good filtration. Spot feed. Really nice specimen. Thanks for sharing

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 67 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 57 30.3%
Back