Dendronephthya & Scleronephthya aquaculture

Maybe, way it was cared for. I don't know how long it's been away from its natural environment. Before I got. I do know, polyps no longer normal, like in the wild, almost no polyps only color left. If it makes sense. Bummer.

Screenshot_2020-02-17-14-56-06.png
 
I’m at page 25 of this thread. I have recently purchased a stereonepthea.

I have a wine bottle cooler that I use to dose AlgaeBarn’s phytoplankton to my tank. Any recommendations of things that I could add to the phytoplankton?

I’m presently culturing Tisbe copepods and can add these.

Do reef roids and various powders/freeze dried rotifers tend to settle out of suspension when they set in a dosing feeder like mine?

Do people use eggs in a blender with phyto to feed? I noticed this in an earlier post (I raise chickens).
 
I’m at page 25 of this thread. I have recently purchased a stereonepthea.

I have a wine bottle cooler that I use to dose AlgaeBarn’s phytoplankton to my tank. Any recommendations of things that I could add to the phytoplankton?

I’m presently culturing Tisbe copepods and can add these.

Do reef roids and various powders/freeze dried rotifers tend to settle out of suspension when they set in a dosing feeder like mine?

Do people use eggs in a blender with phyto to feed? I noticed this in an earlier post (I raise chickens).
Any pictures, stereo is photo synthetic, so you don't need to feed much. Post a few pictures and natural daylight maybe it's something different.
 
Getting my NPS reef going. So far I have this Sun Coral, a couple of heads of Dendro, and some small Yellow Sun Corals:
20200131_194110_resized.jpg
Funny you say that, I have a importer of corals and he has some sun corals waiting for me next week I'll grab them
 
I’m at page 25 of this thread. I have recently purchased a stereonepthea.

I have a wine bottle cooler that I use to dose AlgaeBarn’s phytoplankton to my tank. Any recommendations of things that I could add to the phytoplankton?

I’m presently culturing Tisbe copepods and can add these.

Do reef roids and various powders/freeze dried rotifers tend to settle out of suspension when they set in a dosing feeder like mine?

Do people use eggs in a blender with phyto to feed? I noticed this in an earlier post (I raise chickens).
About foods, I prepared some last night I put it in a small blender one egg probably like a quarter of a 32 oz of Phyto-Feast, dead type, some Reef Roids and blend
 
I worked 3 and a half hours today at the lfs and came home with this for half price, it was reserved at the wholesaler for me. :)

DSC_0115 (1024x683).jpg

Digging the purple. Can't wait to see it open up!
 
Any pictures, stereo is photo synthetic, so you don't need to feed much. Post a few pictures and natural daylight maybe it's something different.
Here is a pic that I took in the LFS a day before purchasing. I can try to get another picture sometime tomorrow.

F44CB000-283E-497A-8339-BDBE1BA1B420.jpeg
 
Here is a pic that I took in the LFS a day before purchasing. I can try to get another picture sometime tomorrow.

F44CB000-283E-497A-8339-BDBE1BA1B420.jpeg
That my friend is scleronephthya, so, non-photosynthetic. Good flow, rotate/spin 90 degrees when ever. Good filtration. Spot feed. Really nice specimen. Thanks for sharing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new