Detox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you show heavy metals in your water from the ICP use detox once and you will be amazed that they are gone on the next test.
I can show test results if needed :)

Last edited:

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you show heavy metals in your water from the ICP use detox once and you will be amazed that they are gone on the next test.
I can show test results if needed :)
If your before and after showed abnormal al, yes. I'd love to see!

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P_20150919_061806.jpg Well the aluminum is slowly rising but I think I am introducing it.
Have to keep my arm out of the water lol
Let me get some shots and I will throw them up :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
jarrod0987

jarrod0987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm. So what if you used a ratio of Al and GFO at the same time? You could intermix them or maybe intermix the GFO with the Activated carbon to keep it from caking. In theory, should keep both Ba and Al low. I smell the future of Phosphate media. I wonder if that is what was behind Seachem's new Aluminium coated GFO product? I asked them why they did that and what was the benefit. They just told me some people like one or the other. Totally dodges the question :D

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been also using Triton for about 6 months. I initially used GFO, then switched to Phosguard, then back to GFO. Based on three ICP analysis, I got high Barium after using GFO. After switching to PhosGuard, Barium went down and Aluminium went up.
I haven't noticed however any bad effect on corals in either case.

That seems to be a result that is fairly uncommon and may reflect the GFO available in your area. Most GFO users in the US do not see excess barium.

Charlie Denmark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experince fx gfo leaking barium and ferrit to the water over time. Al99 take some of this but leak Al to the water. Thats Why ppl are alterning between AL and fe based products.

Al99 should NOT tumble in the reactor, just move a little.... It is very easy and clean to use.

I have NO experince regarding detox.

OP
OP
jarrod0987

jarrod0987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say it but it has been over a month. No email, No Facebook, No reply from them in the forum. I suspect they are either they are making too much money to have time for customers or they are struggling. It's a shame. I really wanted to try out there salts. Right now I just feel like no one is home on there end. He seemed like such an awesome guy in the MACNA vid.

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jarrod,

Apologies for us apparently dropping the ball on responding to you...We are certainly not "making too much money" or disinterested in helping fellow reefers...We occasionally do miss some correspondence among the many, many calls, emails, and posts we receive weekly...And in your case, we seem to have been MIA. No excuse for that!

This being said, we'd like to take the time to discuss your situation and concerns in as much detail as you require. Unfortunately (there's always that word, huh?) we are getting ready for the Reefapalooza show today and communication may be a bit tough. Please PM us with your telephone number or call us and we can chat on Monday.

Again, our apologies for leaving you feeling ignored...certainly not how we operate around here!

Regards,

Scott and Joe
Triton US/Unique Corals

OP
OP
jarrod0987

jarrod0987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate your getting back to me. Glad to see your getting out to the shows still. I will send you a PM.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experince fx gfo leaking barium and ferrit to the water over time. Al99 take some of this but leak Al to the water. Thats Why ppl are alterning between AL and fe based products.

Al99 should NOT tumble in the reactor, just move a little.... It is very easy and clean to use.

I have NO experince regarding detox.

FWIW, the barium issue doesn't seem to impact all users of GFO. Perhaps it is a specific brand. I use only GFO (no aluminum) and had less than natural seawater levels of barium. :)

Reduck

^ His name is Trent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jarrod,

Apologies for us apparently dropping the ball on responding to you...We are certainly not "making too much money" or disinterested in helping fellow reefers...We occasionally do miss some correspondence among the many, many calls, emails, and posts we receive weekly...And in your case, we seem to have been MIA. No excuse for that!

This being said, we'd like to take the time to discuss your situation and concerns in as much detail as you require. Unfortunately (there's always that word, huh?) we are getting ready for the Reefapalooza show today and communication may be a bit tough. Please PM us with your telephone number or call us and we can chat on Monday.

Again, our apologies for leaving you feeling ignored...certainly not how we operate around here!

Regards,

Scott and Joe
Triton US/Unique Corals

Could you please also answer the question above about Detox?

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man this tablet does not focus well

Ahh better!

DSC_0230.JPG

That decrease in Tin caught my eye!!!!! I had SUPER elevated levels of Tin last year, like in the 90's and lost a ton of my SPS collection. I have since reduced Tin levels to the teens, maybe Detox is what I need to really take care of the last bits of Tin in my system. Thanks for sharing those before Detox and after Detox results.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That decrease in Tin caught my eye!!!!! I had SUPER elevated levels of Tin last year, like in the 90's and lost a ton of my SPS collection. I have since reduced Tin levels to the teens, maybe Detox is what I need to really take care of the last bits of Tin in my system. Thanks for sharing those before Detox and after Detox results.
You are welcome!
I like to document everything I do and share with others

Back