Detox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, straight from the horses mouth so don't shoot the messenger!

Detox works best with Copper........ however, it has also been know to take up Lead and also Arsenic. How much it take up will depend on a few factors, one being how much copper there is in your system in the first place.

I have used it twice myself with no issues at all.

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, straight from the horses mouth so don't shoot the messenger!

Detox works best with Copper........ however, it has also been know to take up Lead and also Arsenic. How much it take up will depend on a few factors, one being how much copper there is in your system in the first place.

I have used it twice myself with no issues at all.
I 100% agree.
Where have you been hiding!
What I want to know more than anything are the trace elements from 3a and 3b.
I spoke with the owner of triton and he said its about the macros.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you're asking!

I'm not privy to exactly what is in each bottle and I don't expect I ever will be but what I do know is that they contain Mg K SO4 some Ca and a lot of the Macro elements...

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you're asking!

I'm not privy to exactly what is in each bottle and I don't expect I ever will be but what I do know is that they contain Mg K SO4 some Ca and a lot of the Macro elements...

Macroelements?

OP
OP
jarrod0987

jarrod0987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also heard GFO is used to remove Arsenic from Freshwater. Also still wondering why they prefer Aluminum based Phosphate remover over the Iron based one. Still no reply from the Pm (AKA conversation) I sent in this forum. Maybe Monday.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How Triton refer to the following

Untitled.png

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, thanks. :)

I guess had seen that before in their data tables. Maybe that is a translation issue. In english, those are usually called the major elements of seawater. :)

OP
OP
jarrod0987

jarrod0987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a reply back. Said that they switch because GFO removes Al accumulation and Al based remover takes out iron accumulation. That confuses me because Iron is naturally super low in sea water? Any input on that Mr. RHF?

Charlie Denmark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jarrod, hi.

As I understand the alterning between gfo and Al products is due to the fact that gfo leaks iron to the water and remove Al AND al leaks al and remove iron...... So if one is alterning between the two your able to keep both iron and al at reasonable point.

OP
OP
jarrod0987

jarrod0987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have heard that. What I was wondering about though, is that I have heard Fe in sea water is always super low. I can't remember how many .0's. It was a lot. People say that adding iron to sea water is pointless because it just goes away very quickly. I was wondering if this was false.

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have heard that. What I was wondering about though, is that I have heard Fe in sea water is always super low. I can't remember how many .0's. It was a lot. People say that adding iron to sea water is pointless because it just goes away very quickly. I was wondering if this was false.
Hello Jarrrod.

Iron is not stable in seawater and is often present below levels that even ICP testing can detect. In rare cases where a batch of Ferric is leaching too much Iron into the water, the testing should pick this up. If you are worried about Iron you can pickup a hobby kit like at Hanna Checker too as these are fairly accurate for determining iron levels on the spot in PPM. (not ppb) Switching between the two po4 products, like stated earlier by others, will ensure that byproducts or buildup of unwanted elements "should" be removed by the opposing media.

The Detox product is intended to remove Copper. Hobbyists have reported cases where other metals were removed but for marketing purposes, the product targets copper.

Panta Rhei makes a product called Panta Lith which is a heavy metal binder. I have heard good things about this too. (Successful Tin and Lead removal but have never seen or used it in person)

All of this can be avoided however if you can get your tank to run without the need of po4 removers. Setup a good algae filter (triton filter) or run a Pax Bellum reactor and get the algae to do the job for you. The goal of Triton is to create a natural reef where the tank's inhabitants handle much of the heavy lifting for us;) If you run into the situation where your no3 becomes undetectable but your po4 are still too high, you can always add some no3 to facilitate the uptake of the additional po4. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much about the side effects of using high quality products that contain either Ferric or Aluminum. I haven't seen anyone wipe their tank out as a result of contamination issues.

rockerboi09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Panta Rhei makes a product called Panta Lith which is a heavy metal binder. I have heard good things about this too. (Successful Tin and Lead removal but have never seen or used it in person)

I have seen many use the Panta Rhei line on the UK Facebook page. Is there anywhere in the US we can get any of those products? I've checked online vendors as well as Ebay and Amazon. I can't find Panta Lith or their foods.

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen many use the Panta Rhei line on the UK Facebook page. Is there anywhere in the US we can get any of those products? I've checked online vendors as well as Ebay and Amazon. I can't find Panta Lith or their foods.

I will reach out to them and see what the deal is. Last I heard they need to get some paperwork inline in order to export into the US.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back